Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Dual Sim around €120

Options
  • 03-01-2017 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Another "please recommend me a phone" thread. Sorry.

I have roughly €120 to spend on a phone for herself. Needs to be a dual sim android that simply works well out of the box. It doesn't need to be the latest and greatest. Neither does it need to be exclusively 4G.

I was looking at the likes of the Xiaomi Redmi S3, but I'm worried about compatibility here and in the UK.

If anyone could recommend a decent option, and where to buy it from, I'd really appreciate it. I've been trying to research this for days and my head is in a spin. So many Chinese options.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Have you checked out wileyfox swift? Will allow you avoid buying phone from China.
    Small issue regarding Cyanogenmod closing down, so may be worth reading around their plans for future Android updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I've just bought a Redmi S3 as I also needed a dual sim for traveling. I am amazed at the performance and quality of the phone, I don't know how they do it. Fingerprint sensor, aluminum, make my other phone MotoG3 look pretty average. I got the 3/32 version for €180 2 day delivery from Italy via DHL. Euro warehouse so no duty.

http://www.honorbuy.com/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Zagato wrote: »
    Have you checked out wileyfox swift? Will allow you avoid buying phone from China.
    Small issue regarding Cyanogenmod closing down, so may be worth reading around their plans for future Android updates.

Whilst Cyanogenmod is closing - it has been rebranded to LinearOS so support should be there going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

GBX wrote: »
    Whilst Cyanogenmod is closing - it has been rebranded to LinearOS so support should be there going forward.

LineageOS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Got one of these for my son, cracking phone for the price, would recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

NATLOR wrote: »
    Got one of these for my son, cracking phone for the price, would recommend it

Thanks for this suggestion. Looking at it on Laptops Direct (UK) for £120. Where did you buy yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

gaffmaster wrote: »
    Thanks for this suggestion. Looking at it on Laptops Direct (UK) for £120. Where did you buy yours?

Got mine on Amazon its currently £114 they are great for returns if needed

Or ebay UK seller doing one at same price with free case and a years free screen replacement offer. Postage to ROI is steep but its free delivery to UK so Parcel motel,Parcel Wizard or addresspal is way to go if going that route

Cant get the links to work, am on a tablet, will put them up tomorrow if you want them

Only negative is lack of available cases/covers. i used aliexpress,OK selection there

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Thanks everyone for your replies.

@NATLOR - I got a Wileyfox Swift 2 from Amazon for £119. It's got a type C charger, which is probably the way everything will go in future - that's the only downside I can see at present.

Cheers!

Advertisement