Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android docking station

Options
  • 03-01-2017 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, anyone know where I may find an android docking station with bluetooth speakers for sale in Ireland? Ideally one with FM radio and its own alarm too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm pretty sure you wont.

iPhones are all of one or two shapes, easy to make a dock for. Android has a plethora of models so making a dock isnt practical. Maybe for the top tier Samsung devices (S7, S7 Edge) but for most, nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

Yeah, it's something that I thought Samsung and/or some manufacturer would have gone into at this stage - with the dead of the iPod and everyone using their phones for their music player anymore, there would definitely be a market there for something like this....

Did the EU (or some sort of Commission) say that all mobile phones had to have the same charger connection anymore?? If so, that would certainly speed up the development of a docking station for this market.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BandMember wrote: »
    Did the EU (or some sort of Commission) say that all mobile phones had to have the same charger connection anymore?? If so, that would certainly speed up the development of a docking station for this market.

Even with the popularity of TypeC connectors it still wont work. Phones and indeed cases are different sizes and you cannot put the weight of the device all on that single connector, its not suitable.

We dont need docks, we have bluetooth and wireless chargers. A little bit of smarts and you have a Qi Charging pad that auto connects bluetooth speakers and boom, done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

There are lots of options.
    Philips AS851 is one.
    Google search throws up lots of options.

Or you could get an iPhone one and use an adapter to convert the lighting connection to a micro USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

Yeah, I know that there's options for bluetooth and wireless chargers and what not, but I suppose I'm a bit old school in that I like the handiness of convenience of the docking where you just pop in the media player and it charges it as it plays. Less messy, if you know what I mean?

First world problems, eh? :o :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement