Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission to have mobile home on Private Dwelling

Options
  • 02-01-2017 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Not sure if this is the right place to put this question as I'm new to boards, just wondering can anyone help me. My partner and I are buying a mobile home and plan to keep it on my parents property we will be living in the mobile home, would I need to get special permission to do this? Like planning permission. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Country or Urban?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShanDyl17

Country or Urban?

Country just outside a small village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Its not a fixed structure, its mobile. No planning needed as far as I know. No property tax liable either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You need planning permission unfortunately but as this isn't the Construction and Planning forum I can tell you that most people don't bother and get away with it. Its all down to your neighbors. If no one complains to the planning department you are in the clear. tbh I don't think there is any point applying for permission as imo you'll get turned down and that will flag your attention to the planning department and eagle eyed neighbors who keep an eye on local planning permissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

ShanDyl17 wrote: »
    Country just outside a small village

Should be grand as long as it wouldn't be too near the road. I know people who have done it and had no problems. Of course some will say you can't do it because of x, y and z, but most councils will turn a blind eye unless they get a complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

btw it can be very very cold in the winter living in a caravan. Modern ones are better but still cold. Don't try to keep the heat in by blocking up the multitude of vents the caravan will have. If you are using a gas stove, gas heating or solid fuel stove then the vents help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

This question should really be answered by the experts here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1626

(Building Regulations & Legislation)

Static mobile homes really don't meet the criteria of this forum, so I'll close this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement