Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AirMax2016Ireland.org/ Nike Shoes

Options
  • 02-01-2017 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heard of or used this website before?

Genuine or dodgy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

if you mean airmax2016ireland - dot - org then of course it looks dodgy as hell!

Way under priced, no address, bad spelling and grammar and not even slightly professional looking!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anything with a domain like that is fake. Either you'll get fakes or get nothing. Customs may seize fakes too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Damn and blast, I thought I was on to a winner there :-(

Thankfully I didn't attempt a purchase, but I was close!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Don't even have to look it up with a name like that. If you find another site post it up to be checked out.

There was a talk of making a guide for spotting dodgy sites in the "online buying" forum before.

Some manufacturers have list of approved sites or known dodgy sites.

Many thanks for the warnings fellow posters, but can anyone recommend a genuine Nike online outlet with reasonably Nike priced shoes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Why would you think that a genuine site, just think about it for a minute, why on earth would Nike register such a domain?

Back on topic, check out solesupplier.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭BeardySi

If you can't tell by that domain name alone that it's a dodgy site, prepare to be ripped off online repeatedly. I've not even loaded the page and I'm 100% sure it's dodgy as hell.

Expensive brands are expensive. You might find some sites offering genuine deals at a good price, but you'll never find the real thing for the prices you'll get on these scam sites - it just doesn't happen.

ongarite wrote: »
    Why would you think that a genuine site, just think about it for a minute, why on earth would Nike register such a domain?

Back on topic, check out solesupplier.co.uk

When it comes to buying online I'm quite inexperienced, and thankfully I did question this .org website before I supplied my card details. To be honest it still looks like it 'might' be genuine ??? but as you have all said its totally FAKE.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

LordSutch wrote: »
    Many thanks for the warnings fellow posters, but can anyone recommend a genuine Nike online outlet with reasonably Nike priced shoes?

Office shoes.
    The UK site will allow you to purchase at the UK price and they'll deliver them to there Irish stores for free.
    You can also return them to their Irish stores so quite handy if you're not happy with them.
    I picked up a pair of puma trainers and a pair of cons for 60 Euro.

I think amazon (not 3rd party sellers) might still offer free returns if they do not fit. Brands like Nike probably have similar sizing though, so if you got size 9 nikes before more size 9 should be OK.

You can check bargain alerts or bargain requests for good sites, with people verifying they are legit.

m&m do nike and are legit
    http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/mens/trainers/?device_type=2&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/website%3E{mandmire}/productsalesgender%3E{mens}/category%3E{trainers}/brand%3E{nike}&fh_view_size=96

To be honest it still looks like it 'might' be genuine ??? but as you have all said its totally FAKE.
    just checked it out. Check the links at the bottom.
    -first is the ludicrous name, why would a shop limit themselves to air max, and I have never seen a commercial site use a .org. Why would a site be specific to 2016? and a site with "ireland" in the url is very odd, and should be a .ie who are more stringent about who uses a .ie

-"about us" always one to click on. Full of pidgin english, would a billion dollar corporation like Nike allow an "official site" to have this?
    About Us

Our site is efforts to ensure your complete satisfaction every time you do business with us, whether you are one of the first customers or our many regular customers! Your business is highly appreciated by our shop to provide you with fast delivery and relatively low prices, 24-hour customer service and payment security.

Our store is absorbed in improving services for customers. We believe that trust is the fabric to our success and the loyalty to our customers. Once you come to our website,you will come to it again again. Our mission is to provide newest style cheap coach bags for you with fastest and friendly delivery in a safe and enjoyable environment.

1.The products on our web store have top quality guarantee,brand new in original packing, at the most favorable price.
    2.We have an excellent customer service team to assist you to finish the order.
    3.We have a perfect Logistics system, which guarantees all the orders can be delivered to you in good shape as fast as possible.

We are waiting to do our best service for you here, we are your best choice!
    Nike must have teams of translators, sounds like a 12 year old chinese student of english did that job.

-"return exchange" pidgin english again, and no address given.

-"payment" western union, when I see that it just screams likely scam.

-"contact us" no actual bricks & mortar address is given, no phone number, no email, nothing.

A trick is to get a pidgin english phrase and search google for it using the quotes which searches that exact phrase. e.g.
    "Our site is efforts to ensure your complete satisfaction every time you do business with us, whether you are one of the first customers or our "

All I see is numerous other dodgy looking sites using the same phrase.

I'd be genuinely interested to know what on the site make you think it might be genuine? If a sticky thread/guide is it should be included what people fall for.

Some dodgy site do not have huge discounts so it might appear legit, but I struggle to see anything on it to make me think its legit.

There has only ever been one site I thought was dodgy which was not, and it was an Irish converse site. It was nowhere near as bad as this site though, 100% sure it is dodgy.

• Advertisement

To be honest it still looks like it 'might' be genuine ???

Again..
    km991148 wrote: »

Way under priced, no address, bad spelling and grammar and not even slightly professional looking!

Take out the last part of being professional looking - I will allow that as it could be down to opinion..

But c'mon - the English is terrible and there is not one mention of a postal address (never mind a VAT number/ company reg number etc)!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nike operate as a premium brand (for god knows what reason, utter ****e IMO). If they sell on the high street for €90 anything less than €60 online is almost guaranteed to be fake. They simply won't exit their supply chain for much less.

Using M&M Direct as a benchmark for the lowest price is probably a very good idea.

km991148 wrote: »
    Again..
    .....but as you have all said, its totally FAKE.

Thanks Again.

Thanks Again.
    I still would like to know what made it still seem potentially legit. Nobody is taking the piss, it's very important if a sticky/guide is to be made. I want to know if there is something I missed that makes it still look convincing.

ye - didnt mean that as a dig - op you said in your 2nd post you still thought it might be safe.

Now I have wanted to believe stuff in the past to get a good deal, but that site just seems too far gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

but can anyone recommend a genuine Nike online outlet with reasonably Nike priced shoes?

You could have a look on Sports Direct. It's a legit, safe website that often have last season's shoes/clothes at discounted prices.

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/nike

rubadub wrote: »
    I still would like to know what made it still seem potentially legit. Nobody is taking the piss, it's very important if a sticky/guide is to be made. I want to know if there is something I missed that makes it still look convincing.

When it comes to buying online I'm quite inexperienced, and thankfully I did question this .org website before I supplied my card details, so something spooked me!

I must say their artwork is fantastic, I spent ages zooming in on all the different variants of Nike shoes of different colours, in different designs and from all angles! The prices are cheap too, but not too cheap if you know what I mean (they may charge €72 - €80) but that's still within the realms of Christmas Sales prices, just . . . . So although they advertise a cheap price, its not too cheap, specially if they are selling thousands of them in bulk, or so I thought >(in my innocence)<

The banner also caught me out with the words Ireland & 1916, which made me think it was legit, I mean how could such a high profile 'in your face' website be fake?

I was curious that the cost of shipping details were absent + the fact that there is no business address. "Buy two pairs and get them delivered for FREE", wow that's pretty cool I thought & totally possible, specially as their warehouse must be in Ireland, but then why is there no Head Office address? and no shipping cost for just one pair of shoes?

So I did have questions about the site, and thankfully I held back from comitting to payment until I did some more homework (like posting on Boards.ie) :)

I'l probably end up getting the ones I want from 'Office' or JD sports at slightly more realistic prices than those advertised on airmax2016ireland.org

Thanks again, for the advice, and by all means list & highlight the site as bogus & fake. I wonder have many people been caught in their web?

Hope all this answers your question.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I must say their artwork is fantastic, I spent ages zooming in on all the different variants of Nike shoes of different colours, in different designs and from all angles!

Very easy to rob the artwork from genuine Nike site. Anyone with basic web design experience can do that.
    The prices are cheap too, but not too cheap if you know what I mean (they may charge €72 - €80) but that's still within the realms of Christmas Sales prices, just . . . . So although they advertise a cheap price, its not too cheap, specially if they are selling thousands of them in bulk, or so I thought >(in my innocence)<

But, they are not selling in bulk. They are selling individual pairs, so the prices are too low. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is. They keep the price somewhat high to try to catch the few who are on the fence, like you. Yes, it's cheap but .....

The banner also caught me out with the words Ireland & 1916, which made me think it was legit, I mean how could such a high profile 'in your face' website be fake?

Just because it has Ireland and 1916? They have to show some intelligence to scam people.
    Thanks again, for the advice, and by all means list & highlight the site as bogus & fake. I wonder have many people been caught in their web?

Just look at their About page. Their english is just terrible. "Our site is efforts to ensure your complete satisfaction". WOW. Any genuine company would employ a good few people to localise the language (even though Nike being a US company would be in decent English to begin with).

So, pointers for the future -

Check the english they use and how good/bad their phrases are.
    Check for an actual business address and phone number. Then look them up to see if the address actually exists.
    If you do a whois lookup for the domain, it comes back to a PO box address in Panama.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The name of the website would be the single largest red flag for me. I'd instantaneously dismiss any website with a name like this. Nike, or other big organisations, don't need to sensationalise their products like that.

Paulw wrote: »
    They keep the price somewhat high to try to catch the few who are on the fence, like you. Yes, it's cheap but .....

And of course they didn't catch me ...

I think this topic has been well and truly done now, so thanks again again again for all your posts.

• Advertisement

but not too cheap if you know what I mean (they may charge €72 - €80) but that's still within the realms of Christmas Sales prices.
    They were cheap across the board, all sizes colours & models. None even nearly at regular price and none greatly reduced (compared to others). This would be very rare for a legit shop

In regular shops you see huge disounts on weird looking models, odd colours, huge or small sizes.
    like these beauties on mandmdirect with 64% off
    nk11907_1_cloudzoom.jpg

I remember getting adidas runnes for next to nothing as they had these horrific orange stripes on them, which I was able to cut off and then had nice black runners.

Proper trainers, that's is more like it . . .

769be0de9d6e7a29955f96b5e9f78cfd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

ya seen that site looked it up and found all this on boards i wouldent order off that site..
    if any off ye are still looking for a site with cheap runners and that have a look here
    <SNIP>
    i got runners off this site before and there perfect they dident come in a box but who cares got them at a good price
    and fair enough they took awhile together but i got them runners at half the price on sportsdirect
    its a site like EBAY just look at the customers reviews and ul see the feedback

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

waxer1986 wrote: »
    ya seen that site looked it up and found all this on boards i wouldent order off that site..
    if any off ye are still looking for a site with cheap runners and that have a look here
    <SNIP>
    i got runners off this site before and there perfect they dident come in a box but who cares got them at a good price
    and fair enough they took awhile together but i got them runners at half the price on sportsdirect
    its a site like EBAY just look at the customers reviews and ul see the feedback

Almost certainly fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

L1011 wrote: »
    Almost certainly fake.

ya man a lot off the **** on it is but the runners i got ya wouldent no the diff so **** it it will do me better then paying 100 s for pretty muck the same thing

Advertisement