Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert question//Help

Options
  • 02-01-2017 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi. I'm just here to ask a question about the leaving cert. As you know it is now the New Year and the realization of the leaving cert has started to kick in. Fortunately, I have been studying and doing my homework relatively consistently from September, some subjects recieving more attention than others. However, I now realise that I have not been doing enough. I have decided upon a course as a goal and it is 490 points. Right now, adding up what I think I could get, leaves me short at around 420 (blaze it). Thankfully, I believe I have been blessed with the ability to retain information quite well and I believe I am not by any means thick. My question is, is it at all possible, if I was to really knuckle down for the following few months, to achieve this goal? All answers are greatly appreciated, especially from past leaving cert students, peace out and happy New Year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Bogman99 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm just here to ask a question about the leaving cert. As you know it is now the New Year and the realization of the leaving cert has started to kick in. Fortunately, I have been studying and doing my homework relatively consistently from September, some subjects recieving more attention than others. However, I now realise that I have not been doing enough. I have decided upon a course as a goal and it is 490 points. Right now, adding up what I think I could get, leaves me short at around 420 (blaze it). Thankfully, I believe I have been blessed with the ability to retain information quite well and I believe I am not by any means thick. My question is, is it at all possible, if I was to really knuckle down for the following few months, to achieve this goal? All answers are greatly appreciated, especially from past leaving cert students, peace out and happy New Year!

That's very achievable! Tbh now is the ideal time to start studying properly for the leaving. Listening in class and doing your homework up to now will stand to you also.

Make a study plan. If you just did your pres/Christmas tests try to identify areas where you need to improve the most. Spend more time on these but obviously study everything you need to for your course. If you make an effective study plan and manage to stick with it there's no reason at all that you won't achieve 490 (or even more)! Best of luck and happy new year to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jc.lc.vibes

Bogman99 wrote: »

Hi there! I have read your question and I honestly think you are a great advantage already considering you have already started studying (I'm sure some haven't!) You also seem to be quite naturally intelligent and you're definitely smart enough to realise that you must put in the work to achieve the desired outcome :) I really think you'll be able to achieve 490 in the Lc if you work consistently throughout the rest of the school year,set out a weekly timetable perhaps listing what you want to get done for the week? Exam papers are also a great tool in helping you get an idea of the actual exam layout and type of questions that might come up ;* take lots of breaks as well,don't tire yourself out too much either or you'll burnout before the exams x Best of luck and I know you'll do great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bogman99

Thanks to both who replied (I know I'm late, I've been studying) for all the helpful advice. Just Incase anyone was interested, I got 320 points in my mocks. A lot lower than expected but at least now I know what I have to do to succeed in June!

Advertisement