Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 2in1 air fryer €39.99 Thursday 5 Jan

Options
  • 02-01-2017 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Seen this is on sale Thursday... For €40 it seems a good enough price... 2in1 air fryer,I'm gonna pick one up for that price...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭amber2

Don't know why they call them airfryers, it's a halogen oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Any good so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I have both don't use the halogen oven at all but the Philips airfryer is used every day, if it were me i would be inclined to spend a few quid more & watch out for a Philips airfryer on amazon warehouse deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Yea with the reviews on kduk it's swayed me off a bit thanks... Not so much a bargain so mods feel free to delete...

• Advertisement

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Yea with the reviews on kduk it's swayed me off a bit thanks... Not so much a bargain so mods feel free to delete...

Philips is on amazon at the mo for £69, amazon warehouse is £63.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

amber2 wrote: »

The Amazon £69 price is exclusive to Prime members only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

amber2 wrote: »

From the amazon site: "This item at £69.00, is reserved for Prime members." :(

I would have bought one otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

FWIW, here is the big brother. I swear by it. Granted, its a lot pricier, but bar the ridiculously low price we seen a short while back on Amz UK(just under €150), it seldom touches this mark.

Amazon DE - €180

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

nc6000 wrote: »
    From the amazon site: "This item at £69.00, is reserved for Prime members." :(

I would have bought one otherwise.
    Get a free trial membership...simples!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I just bought one today and now I think I'll bring it back, haven't even opened it. I genuinely thought it was like a Phillips acti fry and I really don't fancy waiting over40 mins for chips whilst I keep turning them. Life's too short for that. I thought I could throw a load of frozen chips in and be done in 15 mins with a spoon of oil, I think I've been rather naive though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I just bought one today and now I think I'll bring it back, haven't even opened it. I genuinely thought it was like a Phillips acti fry and I really don't fancy waiting over40 mins for chips whilst I keep turning them. Life's too short for that. I thought I could throw a load of frozen chips in and be done in 15 mins with a spoon of oil, I think I've been rather naive though.

The air fryers require longer than 15 mins too so yes you've been totally naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the philips air fryer cooks frozen chips in about 15 or so mins. making them from spuds yourself does take over half hour though. Still is not a long time !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The actifry is made by tefal, and it's the one you add oil to. You do not add oil to the philips airfryer. You might toss homemade wedges/chips in oil just like you would in regular oven cooking in the airfryer, but the actifry is the one you actually add oil directly too.

Most prefer the airfryer, the actifry is prone to breaking.
    kceire wrote: »
    The air fryers require longer than 15 mins too so yes you've been totally naive.
    I do skinny frozen fries in the airfryer in 15mins, and thats with no preheating, just stick them in and turn on for 15mins, I shake them only once.

I know from other posters in the amazon warehouse deals thread that warehouse offers can be hit and miss but I bought a Philips airfryer before Xmas in good condition, it was still in original sealed package but the box had been opened and resealed. Also a plus with the Philips you can buy replacement parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I just bought one today and now I think I'll bring it back, haven't even opened it. I genuinely thought it was like a Phillips acti fry .

If I were u i'd hold out for the lidl version. My sister got one and its fantastic ( about 69 euro I think ) . Whereas I got the supposedly sought after Philips one on sale at I think 80ish and I personally think its useless by comparison. Id be raging if id pay the huge money it was at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Does anyone know the energy rating on these please?

Would they be hard on electricity?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,794 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Does anyone know the energy rating on these please?

Would they be hard on electricity?

Wattage: 1200-1440W

so if you ran it for an hour it might cost you 20c (depending on how much of the hour the element is on for, and your electricity plan). Should be cheaper than using a full oven as it's heating a smaller space.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

loyatemu wrote: »
    Wattage: 1200-1440W

so if you ran it for an hour it might cost you 20c (depending on how much of the hour the element is on for, and your electricity plan). Should be cheaper than using a full oven as it's heating a smaller space.

That's great, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

kceire wrote: »

I get mine done in no longer than 10 minutes to perfection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Seen a kenwood (I think) one in Tesco yesterday for €75. Not sure of the specs

Advertisement