Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety

Options
  • 02-01-2017 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I am wondering could this be moved to a new thread. For some reason I am unable to start a new thread.

A lady at work insisted I borrow 2 books from her, which I did, nearly 2 years ago.
    I have since moved house and job and do not have the books. She is now contacting me for the books. I will happily give her money for the books but I just am scared of how she will react. I am suffering a lot of anxiety at the moment and I know this seems like a small problem but for me at the moment with a lot of other stuff going on in my life, it is huge. I know she is not a reasonable person, and she has her own mental health difficulties. I also know that I was wrong not to tell her as yet that I don't have the books.

I plan on sending her a bank daft next week with a letter. I am not in a place that I can ring her and talk to her. However what do I say in the letter?

Again if I was in a different place mentally I would be able to handle this situation but I am just going through a bad patch at the moment.

Any advice appreciated and please I am well aware where i went wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Cant you just repurchase the books online or something? try bookdepository.com or Amazon. Im sure she'd prefer to have the books over the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

Maybe send the books to her house if you know her address when you buy them online and get them sent to her address and give her a text around the arrival date and explain you are sorry you replaced the books and hope the new ones are ok. If you do not want to hear her reply block her from everything

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi

Thank yo for your replies.
    I would have done that ages ago but I don't know the names of the books. That is why I was going to send a bank draft.

I do realise this is not a serious issue but it is consuming me at the moment .

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP - please be aware that when you are posting anonymously, your posts will not appear automatically. They sit in a queue, pending moderator approval. Once approved, they will appear. There is no need to post the same response multiple times.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Hi

Thank yo for your replies.
    I would have done that ages ago but I don't know the names of the books. That is why I was going to send a bank draft.

I do realise this is not a serious issue but it is consuming me at the moment .

Thank you

You know what they were about? Google books about what ever the subject matter was or if you have the first name of the author or a word in the title they should be easily tracked down on google.
    Otherwise you could just ask the owner for the names of the books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

Tell her you have hundreds of books and the names of the ones she kindly offered you have escaped you and could she please just clarify the names and they will be retuned promptly. Then buy new ones.

Advertisement