Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Los Angeles Direct €380 Return

Options
  • 01-01-2017 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Ethiopian have a €380 return fare from Dublin to Los Angeles direct. There are fares around the €350 involving transferring in London on BA/Virgin etc but for direct its seems good price.

Travel in January through to mid May.

Flown Ethiopian a few times and would recommend them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Aren't the 9 abreast economy seating on the Boeing 787 a tighter squeeze than even Ryanairs 737's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

kn wrote: »
    Aren't the 9 abreast economy seating on the Boeing 787 a tighter squeeze than even Ryanairs 737's.

Don't think so. Think they're 17.3 compared to 17. EI is 17 on their A330s as well so ET are wider (by a very small margin)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

kn wrote: »

Try etihads 10 across on a 777....now thats cozy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Their website is either gash, or they don't fly in june?

Their website is either gash, or they don't fly in june?

Their website ain't the best but its loading for me. Pricing out at around €520 return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Also, unless things have changed, Ethiopian is going from T1 and does not offer US CBP Pre-Clearance in Dublin, which means you have to do the immigration/customs in LAX which can be quite time consuming.

Not a big issue but plan accordingly when doing connections etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Immigration in LAX is a breeze. It's all kiosks (plus an officer) and if you're not a technophobe it's quick and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

Flew Dublin to LAX with Ethiopian last year. Couldn't fault it whatsoever.

Brand new jet and lovely staff. In my experience immigration in LAX was 10x faster than doing pre-clearance in Dublin.

Alrighty, I withdraw my opinion about LAX immigration than.

Last time I traveled I had to wait ages for my non US companion to show up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't think so. Think there 17.3 compared to 17. EI is 17 on their A330s as well so ET are wider (by a very small margin)

An a320 8 across seat is over 18 inches, not 17.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »

Who does 8 across in an A320?

L1011 wrote: »

I'm guessing you mean A330. SeatGuru and thelingussource both say its 17inches.

There are some airlines out there that do 8 seats in an A330-200 with 18 inches, like Air France but EI is 17 inches.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I do. They're both incorrect - one taking info from the other.

The aisles would be cavernous if using 17" seats. 9 across exists with slightly smaller than 17"

Advertisement