Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Interviews

Options
  • 01-01-2017 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

It's interview season, so any tips that anyone has would be great, especially about some of the terminology and technical aspects interviewers like to hear.

I was at an interview, and some of the questions included how to analyse the success or otherwise of decisions years into the future, and how economic theory and models can be used to justify my suggestions. Lots of interviews involve doing presentations, and under time pressure these can be difficult and intimidating, but I get the impression that they needn't be such!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Exactly what kind of positions are you applying for? As in, have you a bachelors or masters, is it for economic consultancies, regular consultancies, central banks, research institutions etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nryan82

Hi , came across this thread when I looked for interviews in economics. I have a friend who has an interview with oxford economics in Dublin in 2 weeks to get into a graduate program. Any tips or what to expect would be super help. Thanks in advance. ��

Advertisement