Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish army recruitment 2017

Options
  • 01-01-2017 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys,

anyone any idea when the Irish Defence Forces will be launching their new recruitment campaign for 2017 ?

Recently finished college in DIT and i want to go into the IT/ Communications area within the army plus i kinda want to keep the tradition going in the family following after dad and grandpa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

byrne221 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

anyone any idea when the Irish Defence Forces will be launching their new recruitment campaign for 2017 ?

Recently finished college in DIT and i want to go into the IT/ Communications area within the army plus i kinda want to keep the tradition going in the family following after dad and grandpa.

I'd say March/April for the cadetships

• Registered Users Posts: 30 byrne221

BadBannana wrote: »
    I'd say March/April for the cadetships

I've no interest in the cadet programme, I'm looking about direct entry to becoming a soldier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

I've no interest in the cadet programme, I'm looking about direct entry to becoming a soldier

Use your talents and work in private sector and earn a decent living and join the RDF as a hobby.
    If you still think it's a vocation in a few years time go in as an officer . Soldiers are on crap money unless you go in to serve as an officer.

dev100 wrote: »
    Use your talents and work in private sector and earn a decent living and join the RDF as a hobby.
    If you still think it's a vocation in a few years time go in as an officer . Soldiers are on crap money unless you go in to serve as an officer.

Never really thought of the officer application, but the competition would be very tough for it I think so. Especially 15 months to gain a high position.

Could I not enlist and eventually build my way up to sergeant rank and go from there .

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Ciaran.m

A general enlistment competition is starting this month or early next, im currently waiting on induction as im a 2016 candidate.keep an eye on www.military.ie. or the recruitment page on fb. All the best with it bud

• Advertisement

Ciaran.m wrote: »
    A general enlistment competition is starting this month or early next, im currently waiting on induction as im a 2016 candidate.keep an eye on www.military.ie. or the recruitment page on fb. All the best with it bud

How long were you waiting for your application to be processed ? Like asked to go for medical and to take the oath .

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Ciaran.m

How long were you waiting for your application to be processed ? Like asked to go for medical and to take the oath .

I didnt take the oath yet you take the oath the day you start training. Its a long process i applied in may but theres 2 platoons being inducted this month and i should be getting one of those. Done my psycometric online exam in june,fitness test/interview in july and medical in october.

Advertisement