Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bets of 2016?

Options
  • 01-01-2017 12:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Usually click at least one mad accum over a year that nets a grand or so, didn't happen this year unfortunately! Had a correct score double of 2-2 and 3-1 in the champs league quarter finals for Bayern/Juve and Barcelona/Arsenal games that was nice. Also had a big bet on Norway corners against Estonia (I think ) in the Euro play offs second leg game, think they racked up 16 corners in the away game and were 1-0 down for the home leg and the line was 5.5. Nothing else standing out for me for 2016. How was your 2016 betting wise? I've stopped doing singles due to moving to London so am just doing small crazy accums, am definitely down for the year. Anyone click any nice bets in 2016??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Not a monster and not a football one but I did Thistlecrack to win the King George. Placed in October @ 8/1 as soon as declared he was 11/8

Cruised it never in trouble and it felt beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

1 was part of a 9 man bet that clicked 68000 for 45 euro on New Year's Eve . Just over 7500 each . Very sweet . 8 selections .7 soccer one rugby

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

This one

And this one (Edit:Scratch that... that was 2015. Time flies....)

High odds i actually tipped before they came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

inforfun wrote: »
    This one

And this one (Edit:Scratch that... that was 2015. Time flies....)

High odds i actually tipped before they came in.

Still remember that Mexico vs Netherlands game even though it's been a while! You won me a nice you pound that night ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That was 2014. (edit: here )
    Was one of my finer tips. Everything i expected to happen as written in the preview of that, did happen.

Scored 7 from 8 bets on that one i think (9 from 10 even...). Just Huntelaar let the AGS down as if I didnt hate him enough already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Still remember that Mexico vs Netherlands game even though it's been a while! You won me a nice you pound that night ;)
    inforfun wrote: »
    That was 2014. (edit: here )
    Was one of my finer tips. Everything i expected to happen as written in the preview of that, did happen.

Scored 7 from 8 bets on that one i think (9 from 10 even...). Just Huntelaar let the AGS down as if I didnt hate him enough already.

Jaysus 2014! I remember that that had a nice amount on DC and the BTTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

a few good ones in the Euros, esp Ukraine lowest team scorers and Portugal to win the final in ET. Also Ronaldo/Real CL winner/ts double.
    probably a bit down for the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The Gurkha winning the French guineas
    Denver on the spreads & money line for the Super Bowl

Two that spring to mind

Aside from the boasting it's actually a useful exercise

Advertisement