Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel recommendations to 02, London

Options
  • 31-12-2016 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey All,

I will be going to an event in the 02 in London in a few weeks and need tips on getting there.

I'm flying from Dublin, but I just need to know which airport would be best to fly to?

Also, which form of public transport will be best to get from the airport?

Thanks all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I go there once a year or so for gigs. LCA is the closest. Docklands light railway goes from there.
    It depends on where you are staying though. We quite often fly to Heathrow and get the tube from there
    The 02 is 1 minute walk from the tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Huza91

I'll decide where to stay once I decide where I'm flying to :)

Who do you fly with and where do you stay if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Huza91 wrote:
    I'll decide where to stay once I decide where I'm flying to

I do that sometimes too
    Huza91 wrote:
    Who do you fly with and where do you stay if you don't mind me asking?

Quite often I Google Dublin to London flights and just go with the cheapest if there is a big price difference. Sometimes this dictates the airport I fly into.

If I'm flush I'll be happy to spend more money getting flights later in the day

London City Airport is closest to the 02

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

London city airport is very close and you can sometimes get cheap flights. (They have a cable car that goes between the two!)

Other wise in this order I would fly to.

Gatwick
    Luton
    Stansted
    Heathrow.

Its a change at London bridge for Gatwick and Luton onto the Jubilee line 4 stops to the o2.

Get there early they have airport style security and it is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭trellheim

London City then DLR to whichever seems best, prob Canning Town , change again, then Air Line Cable Car [ you can do this on oyster and well worth it for the ride alone ]

If you get the Cable car back again after there is a yacht hotel Sunborne, an IBIS etc there for the Excel so up to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Does cost matter? Go on to skyscanner and put in London (Any) as your destination -- there is a huge variation in price. So there is no "best" airport for the o2.

What airport you're flying into will have little bearing on what hotel you stay in. London is a big and expensive place, pick the best located hotel you can afford.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

trellheim wrote: »
    If you get the Cable car back again after there is a yacht hotel Sunborne, an IBIS etc there for the Excel so up to you

Both get real-expensive real quick if there's an event in the O2 or Excel. Don't hang around for booking.

*Sunbourne starts off at real-expensive and moves upwards. Looks fairly awesome though.

Advertisement