Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Club Recommendations for North County Dublin

Options
  • 30-12-2016 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All!

A newbie poster here so hi all :-) I've been running for years but new to long distance with 4 marathons under my belt in the last 1 1/2 years with my best time being 4.30. I know I can improve on this in so many ways and have considered getting a coach but feel that the key to continuous improvement is through an athletics club and being in a group with like minded runners.

The group I run with currently are not too supportive of those looking to improve once they've stepped across to the long run level but I want to improve in a group environment which will drive me on without being overly competitive.

So would anyone have any recommendations for clubs in North County Dublin that might be suitable? Cheers :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Hi All!

A newbie poster here so hi all :-) I've been running for years but new to long distance with 4 marathons under my belt in the last 1 1/2 years with my best time being 4.30. I know I can improve on this in so many ways and have considered getting a coach but feel that the key to continuous improvement is through an athletics club and being in a group with like minded runners.

The group I run with currently are not too supportive of those looking to improve once they've stepped across to the long run level but I want to improve in a group environment which will drive me on without being overly competitive.

So would anyone have any recommendations for clubs in North County Dublin that might be suitable? Cheers :-)

Whatever town your near away you go, lusk,rush,balbriggan,skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Dublin Clubs Listing

Plenty to choose from.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What area are you in and do you just want the closest or will you travel..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sloenellie50

Thanks for posting that link😊 Just wondering if any particular clubs are more geared for slower runners like me (note not looking for negatives or bad reviews here😊).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sloenellie50

Am in the Ballyboughal area and am willing to travel 15/20 mins in any direction😊

• Advertisement
Advertisement