Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pay per view?

• 30-12-2016 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

Hi all..We went to Newgrange today for our bi-yearly visit and was surprised to find that it was "sold out"..(we were there for about 12.45)
    Disappointed. We however visited fourknocks and Lochcrew..
    We visit, as a family many many sites locally and around the country ...most are under the protection of the OPW but it got me to thinking if if we can visit the many sites throughout the country for free do we actuall need to pay in to Newgrange Tomb..
    Could we just walk in to it.
    What am i actually buying when i purchase a ticket from the visitor center?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Aelfric

Apart from access to the award-winning visitor and interpretive centre, and guided tours of Newgrange and Knowth by bus transfer you mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I thought newgrange was debunked as a hoax recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Aelfric wrote: »
    Apart from access to the award-winning visitor and interpretive centre, and guided tours of Newgrange and Knowth by bus transfer you mean?

I think the question is if you don't want access to all of the above can you just walk up to the tomb itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Aelfric

wally79 wrote: »
    I think the question is if you don't want access to all of the above can you just walk up to the tomb itself

You used to be able to, if you parked up near Newgrange itself, on the other side of the river from the interpretive centre. You could just pay at the hut at the gate, to wander around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

judeboy101 wrote: »
    I thought newgrange was debunked as a hoax recently?

The outside is fairly accepted as being kellys interpretation ..the inside corballed inner section i believe is pretty much un touched

• Advertisement
Advertisement