Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curious metal object

Options
  • 30-12-2016 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

I found this in my garden and was wondering what the it is?

The top section has two hoops with decorative spiral ends which connect to central ring. the bottom semi circular section you can see nail holes. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what it is for me.

Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Aelfric

Something from the Post-medieval period that was suspended by the top ring, and had a hoop - possibly some sort of barrel. Maybe a large bucket from a well? Or something from a mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭whatthefeck

Thanks Aelfric,

Many thanks for your suggestion!

One think I will say is that the Curls (IMG_0983.JPG ) on the end are very ornate with a hole through the middle . I know this does not show up on my Pics, I might upload another couple. I was thinking it may be something that was pulled by a horse where the rope went through the Curls on the left and right??

Many thanks,

Advertisement