Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Los Angles for under €400

Options
  • 30-12-2016 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Just booked flights to LAX end of August for €375 return through London, for anyone who travels after the 24th August, got the prices from www.skyscanner.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Mon 28th Aug to Tue 5th Sept is €334

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Who's the carrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Aer Lingus to Heathrow, British Airways to LAX

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Esse85 wrote: »

Checked those dates and can only see cheapest at €528 with Norwegian.

Am I using skyscanner wrong? Just put in those dates and London to Los Angeles

Should I start journey with Dublin?

Yes , Dublin to LAX click one stop and your dates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Good price but I would expect fairly low fares on transatlantic travel originating in Europe in general next year with the current euro-dollar exchange rate compared to where its been in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Esse85 wrote: »

€324

Great price i have paid dearer to Tenerife ha ha

I know Aer Lingus is direct but they are nearly twice the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Does baggage go whole way through or do u collect at London and check in for LAX there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Baggage goes all the way through. Just make sure you leave enough time on the layover in Heathrow. You have to go through security again.

You can get Dublin - Philadelphia - LA and then LA - Heathrow - Dublin on the way back for €385. British Airways

Has added bonus of preclearing in Dublin. LA immigration queues can be a bit of a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Anyone thinking of doing a J1, Dublin - LAX via Heathrow May 31st to Aug 24th, one stop each way for €336.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

some great prices

I paid €435 to go direct in March

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We booked Dublin through Heathrow to San Francisco and return from Vegas through Philadelphia to Dublin(both return legs operated by American Airlines but sold as BA).

We paid €998 return direct to BA earlier today. Travel early June.

If you do go through skyscanner be careful of low fares with reputable sellers as one was cheaper than BA first off but was charging €26.14 fees for using a credit card. Paid zero fees with BA. Another ticket reseller had a clause saying it's €10 to speak to them after you make a payment and if you don't make the payment now it's €25 later on. Very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

These return?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

These return?

Yes.

Booked through TourAmerica deposit €150 each person. Saves having to pay upfront
    Aug 27th Dub to Heathrow 6.30 Aer Lingus, arrive LAX 13.30 BA
    Sept 15th LAX to heathrow 21.30 BA, arrive Dub 16th Sept 19.30
    Total €1836 for 5 adults.

LAX passport control is easy and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 2oo8oo

Direct flights to New York from Dublin for under €300. You just need to play around with the dates.

http://www.secretflying.com/posts/non-stop-dublin-ireland-new-york-usa-e306-roundtrip/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Not quite under €400 but, flew DUB-LAX direct with Ethiopian Airlines May-June 2016 for €460 return. Couldn't vouch more for great service and no preclearance didn't make an ounce of difference, took only a few mins to clear in LAX - alot quicker than the last time I precleared in Dublin with AL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Batesout wrote: »
    LAX passport control is easy and quick.

Bit of a generalisation there - I've experienced good & bad in LAX.

You can use the CBP's own tool to approximate wait times at any given port of entry.

http://awt.cbp.gov/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Yeah i was 2 1/2 hours in October and 2 hours the time before it.

5 minutes another time. Just depends on how many flights are in etc

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Not quite under €400 but, flew DUB-LAX direct with Ethiopian Airlines May-June 2016 for €460 return. Couldn't vouch more for great service and no preclearance didn't make an ounce of difference, took only a few mins to clear in LAX - alot quicker than the last time I precleared in Dublin with AL

Is there no pre-clearance on this route?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Irish Kev wrote: »
    Is there no pre-clearance on this route?

No as it comes through Dublin towards New York so you can't clear in Dublin because they can't offload the passengers already on board so they can't land in a domestic terminal stateside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »

We are flying to LAX at end of January. Flights from Cork via LHR with British airways were €440 each return. We live very near the airport in Cork so this route suits us plus no hidden charges and clearance in LAX is quite quick. Sometimes the low cost flights end up costing more when you factor in luggage etc so watch out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Cork Lass wrote: »
    We are flying to LAX at end of January. Flights from Cork via LHR with British airways were €440 each return. We live very near the airport in Cork so this route suits us plus no hidden charges and clearance in LAX is quite quick. Sometimes the low cost flights end up costing more when you factor in luggage etc so watch out for that.

That was also a plus from Dublin direct for us, Ethiopian includes 2 x 23kg bags free each. No messing about having to pay for bags Dub-UK.

Advertisement