Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon America

Options
  • 30-12-2016 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help with this issue, if the wrong forum apologies and feel free to move mods.

I'm trying to buy something off the American Groupon, however my debit card details will not be accepted as my address is not an american one.

Any ideas how to circumvent this issue, would Paypal work?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Why? Gift for a friend?
    Can I buy Groupons for countries outside the US and Canada?
    Groupon is in 47 countries and counting! You can buy Groupons for any of them as long as you have a method of payment accepted there. You won't be able to use your US or Canadian Groupon..

If its to come here after VAT and shipping its usually not worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,293 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Paypal will show as an Irish account also. You would need a prepaid card that allows you to alter its "billing" address. The site you then use the voucher for is likely to insist to ship to the address given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

No it's a voucher for me, but you must put a American address in the billing section, I made one up but it doesn't match my address with my bank details

You will likely not be able to use the voucher anyway even if you do circumvent this

L1011 wrote: »
    You will likely not be able to use the voucher anyway even if you do circumvent this

Can you please explain why you think this?

• Advertisement

dar100 wrote: »
    Can you please explain why you think this?

The retailer it is for will almost certainly not ship to Ireland on a US Groupon voucher - and I mean at all, not just free shipment. If they do, you are going to have customs all over it due to the value being nonsensical. There is a snowballs chance in hell of being able to perform a return for any reason. If there's a failure to fulfil, Groupon US won't help you.

L1011 wrote: »
    The retailer it is for will almost certainly not ship to Ireland on a US Groupon voucher - and I mean at all, not just free shipment. If they do, you are going to have customs all over it due to the value being nonsensical. There is a snowballs chance in hell of being able to perform a return for any reason. If there's a failure to fulfil, Groupon US won't help you.

I won't be getting it shipped it's a voucher for helicopter ride and shooting range

Advertisement