Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco accepting Dunnes vouchers

Options
  • 29-12-2016 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Will tesco accept an out of date Dunnes 10e off voucher? (if i tear off the date they cant check...can they?).

Mods feel free to delete if i get a quick answer.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gobo99

Parchment wrote: »
    Hi All,

Will tesco accept an out of date Dunnes 10e off voucher? (if i tear off the date they cant check...can they?).

Many thanks
    It has to be in date. However you may get a cashier that won't check the date. Tearing off the end of the voucher will just be drawing attention to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

gobo99 wrote: »
    It has to be in date. However you may get a cashier that won't check the date. Tearing off the end of the voucher will just be drawing attention to it.

They cant scan it anyway i guess - as its a Dunnes voucher.

i feel like a gangster! ill give it a go.

Many thanks

Just to add there are lots of temp or new cashiers there over xmas. There most likely not wearing the same uniform. Plain blue t shirts etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

The date at the bottom of the voucher is not representative of the validity.
    The validity is immediately above the barcode, so you won't be able to tear it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

infogiver wrote: »
    The date at the bottom of the voucher is not representative of the validity.
    The validity is immediately above the barcode, so you won't be able to tear it off

Im looking at it now and the validity is at the bottom about .5 of an inch under the barcode, it would be easy to tear off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Just to add there are lots of temp or new cashiers there over xmas. There most likely not wearing the same uniform. Plain blue t shirts etc

Please don't do this. It's hard enough for new staff at Christmas without getting a bollocking from your boss for taking a voucher from someone who knew it wasn't valid.

Go to customer service in dunnes and ask if they'll reissue it.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Just bought 2 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Hi All,

Many thanks

Did it before and tore the date off, they accepted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did it before and tore the date off, they accepted it.

And I suppose you're happy to be dishonest:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

And I suppose you're happy to be dishonest:rolleyes:.

Happy to save money :P
    Not my fault the date came off ;) when I was detaching it from the sheet :D she actually looked at it and examined it and just let it go so maybe they dont care for the exp dates on them at all, its not like they use them to get money back from Dunnes, they just get binned,

• Advertisement

garbeth wrote: »
    Please don't do this. It's hard enough for new staff at Christmas without getting a bollocking from your boss for taking a voucher from someone who knew it wasn't valid.
    Relax. It's not fake 50s he's bringing in. These vouchers have no monetary value. The only take them in to stop you going to Dunnes. New staff at Xmas get minimum training. Nobodys going to get the sack over a date on a voucher. Company policy is comprised every day in stores, it's not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

How do you know that no one would get fired. They do have monetary value. After all you get €10 off. Any way that's isnot what I said. I asked that you not take advantage of new staff and in the process let them get a bollocking from their boss as life is hard enough for them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

BA hitting a high note again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Happy to save money :P
    Not my fault the date came off ;)

you'll burn in hell for all eternity for doing it

garbeth wrote: »
    How do you know that no one would get fired. They do have monetary value. After all you get €10 off. Any way that's isnot what I said. I asked that you not take advantage of new staff and in the process let them get a bollocking from their boss as life is hard enough for them
    Dunnes vouchers don't have a monetary value in a tesco cash office. If they take in one that's out of date it's not a big deal. Nobody will give a fcuk.
    Tesco gain a customer, customer gets a 10er off, everyones a winner and the moral police can take a night off. Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

OP's post reported. Moving on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

They cant scan it anyway i guess - as its a Dunnes voucher.

i feel like a gangster! ill give it a go.

Many thanks

Every little helps!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Dunnes vouchers don't have a monetary value in a tesco cash office. If they take in one that's out of date it's not a big deal. Nobody will give a fcuk.
    Tesco gain a customer, customer gets a 10er off, everyones a winner and the moral police can take a night off. Merry Christmas.

Someone's down €10, its a cheap scummy thing to do imho

mansize wrote: »
    its cheap
    hence the bargain

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement