Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Amazon ps4 games, will it work on Irish ps4?

Options
  • 29-12-2016 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Just as the title says will it work, also will i be restricted playing online or?
    It seems so much cheaper to buy from .com i know there is custom fees etc but it still works out cheaper for me!

Comments

Physical discs are region free. Digital games and DLC are region locked.

To add - but I would imagine the cost of shipping it from the US to Ireland would mean you're only saving a few euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To add - but I would imagine the cost of shipping it from the US to Ireland would mean you're only saving a few euro.

WTF? Is there an actual reason for that beyond 'cash grab'?

Doesn't effect me as I'm on PC, just curious and confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yup,

Bear in mind if you buy a US game, I.e a game of the year edition or something with a DLC code you may need to input a DLC code on a US account for it to be active on your Irish one

I tried buying a DLC code for BF4 from Irish store for a copy I bought in America and ended up needing the Irish/UK disc then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Thanks for the post , so yeah it will work for campaign/story mode but won't work online / playing against or with users unless i make a us account right? Cheers!

Thanks for the post , so yeah it will work for campaign/story mode but won't work online / playing against or with users unless i make a us account right? Cheers!

Now.. I don't know about online play, I would assume that comes part and parcel with the physical disc. But more that the digital games (like if you bought digitally from Amazon or on the PS Store) & DLC that you purchase are region locked.

There are ways around it, which I think we're not allowed to talk about, but if you look for it on Google, you'll figure it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just go to amazon.uk they have some great prices and the shipping is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It will work online via your Irish account... any DLC for the game will have to be purchased from the store of the country of the game, I.e US Store

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

With regards to download / Digital games....does PS4 work like PS3 ?

I have an Irish account, but made a US one too specifically to download US games that I can't get on the Irish one.
    Both accounts are on my PS3.
    At present on my PS3, If I download a game via the US account ... e.g. Persona 4 , it is on my console.....and can be played by BOTH the US and Irish accounts (even though I didn't purchase with my Irish and it's not on Irish PSN)

Is it the same for PS4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Billy86 wrote: »
    WTF? Is there an actual reason for that beyond 'cash grab'?

Doesn't effect me as I'm on PC, just curious and confused.

its strange alright seeing as digital games are not region locked on the xbox one i assume its down to whatever policy sony have

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

SeantheMan wrote: »
    With regards to download / Digital games....does PS4 work like PS3 ?

I have an Irish account, but made a US one too specifically to download US games that I can't get on the Irish one.
    Both accounts are on my PS3.
    At present on my PS3, If I download a game via the US account ... e.g. Persona 4 , it is on my console.....and can be played by BOTH the US and Irish accounts (even though I didn't purchase with my Irish and it's not on Irish PSN)

Is it the same for PS4 ?

Pretty much, only the US account will have access to the game on consoles that aren't set as its home, otherwise all accounts on the home ps4 will have access.

Multiple psn accounts can have the same ps4 set as the home console btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just to be clear - digital games are region locked but there is absolutely nothing stopping you just setting up a US PSN account from Ireland, meaning you can redeem US digital games.

Advertisement