Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knitting a toddler scarf

Options
  • 29-12-2016 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Please help! I have only took up knitting and I stated a toddler's scarf but it doesn't look right.

I did the first 14 rows K2,P2. The other rows are just plain knit. But it has got very wide as if i have picked up stiches. I know K2, P2 is meant "tight" but is there any way I can stop the "plain knit" rows from going so wide? should i doing a really thing border?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

Yes, your knitting will start to look wider when you go from K2 P2 rib to plain knit. First count your stitches to make sure you haven't added any on by mistake. If you still have the correct number of stitches then don't worry. Keep going and trust the pattern. It will look longer/thinner when it's finished, with the weight of all the wool.

Advertisement