Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astroneer

Options
  • 28-12-2016 10:14pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Aerospace industry and interplanetary exploration.

Anyone else try it?

Picked this up and really enjoying it so far, havent tried coop multiplayer as of yet but so far its a lot of fun even single player.
    Its all very relaxing and engrossing at the same time :)
    Only started it today but before i knew it two hours flashed by.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Been keeping an eye on it and it looks really promising. I'm just holding off until they add a bit more into the game I think.
    afaik there is not even enemies to fight yet or anything so I could see that getting a bit boring fairly quick.
    I few more additions and I'll probably jump on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

really excellent game - been playing heaps of it

the tethers are such a neat feature. really clever game design. And the storms are pretty epic imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yea i was playing it for ages but i decided to hold off for more updates, the vehicles you know you can only loose them so many times before rage quiting because it slid down a hole, then you spend a hour digging a slope to try get it out but it slid back down into another hole !!

But besides that i think it is a great game so far, i am not to sure the base building fits in with the voxel world they have it seems a bit at odds with a world you can shape to have this restrictive node based base, the world says shape me ! and the base says go left node go right node... err..

Getting into space for the first time was a real woah moment when i seen the other planet types it was a really cool experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone else try it?

Yes, it's brilliant. Cute, quirky, well thought out mechanics.

A little short on content right now, but it is alpha, and the mechanics are generally solid.

This is vastly more fun to play than No Mans Sky is/was/ever will be.

Wossack wrote: »
    And the storms are pretty epic imo

The perpetual spiky balls of the arid planet are a challenging thing to try overcome!

I've been in dozens of dust storms on the Terran planet, and i still **** bricks when the cubes come flying.
    "Run! Run for cover!"

• Advertisement

Noxin wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on it and it looks really promising. I'm just holding off until they add a bit more into the game I think.
    afaik there is not even enemies to fight yet or anything so I could see that getting a bit boring fairly quick.
    I few more additions and I'll probably jump on it.

Once you get a fully functioning base up and running on a second planet, you've pretty much "won the game".

Enemies, more weather effects, etc needed.

I would love to see asteroids impacting on the moon!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

One of the co creator's has passed away: http://blog.astroneer.space/system-era/goodebyepaul/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Mickeroo wrote: »
    One of the co creator's has passed away: http://blog.astroneer.space/system-era/goodebyepaul/

damm thats awful, looks like the guy who does the streams ? im sure. Either way big loss to the team hope they can rebound from it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lone Stone wrote: »
    damm thats awful, looks like the guy who does the streams ? im sure. Either big loss to the team hope they can rebound from it.

He seems to be heavily involved in the art side of things going by what people are saying online? I'm not 100% sure tbh.

How far has this game progressed, would you call it complete or close to complete? Just finished Witcher 3 so this is appealing to me as something not too serious. Play Anywhere with pc/xbox also very appealing.

What you think, this worth the money? Or should I look at Subnautica?

Edit: Should have mentioned I'll be playing it solo. Kinda looks more of a team game am I right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement