Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would your perfect Adverts / DoneDeal / Ebay look like?

Options
  • 28-12-2016 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi All,

Just curious about what features you all like about the current classified type sites? And also what really annoys you about them?

For me, I love the idea of rating a user and building a good reputation. Things like having to verify your account with a phone number etc. to help get rid of the chancers offering to swap you the kitchen sink and their mother in law!

It would also be great to see a safe way to transfer funds without carrying a wad of cash on you. Again this would need to be verified in some way.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Hi All,

Just curious about what features you all like about the current classified type sites? And also what really annoys you about them?

For me, I love the idea of rating a user and building a good reputation. Things like having to verify your account with a phone number etc. to help get rid of the chancers offering to swap you the kitchen sink and their mother in law!

It would also be great to see a safe way to transfer funds without carrying a wad of cash on you. Again this would need to be verified in some way.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Adverts is great if you stick to some simple rules. Trust the users with good feedback, dont trust them if they dont. 20 good, 1 bad is still ok but 50 good and 5 bad isnt. Youre either a good advertiser or youre not. If youre on there long enough youll meet the chancers and you can spot them a mile away.

If its a user with no feedback, be very careful where you meet and cash you carry.

I've exchanged cash over paypal and bank transfer with other advertisers on adverts that had good feedback, wouldnt otherwise.

Ebay is what it is. Great. Adverts I dont think is aiming to compete with that.

Every dodgy story Ive ever heard about people getting ripped off has been on donedeal, a haven for scammers IMO, my worst classifieds experiences have been on there, I avoid whenever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,317 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd love to see a true auction site, eBay is a shop now like most others.

A site where every single item was an auction would be great imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Adverts is great if you stick to some simple rules. Trust the users with good feedback, dont trust them if they dont. 20 good, 1 bad is still ok but 50 good and 5 bad isnt. Youre either a good advertiser or youre not. If youre on there long enough youll meet the chancers and you can spot them a mile away.

If its a user with no feedback, be very careful where you meet and cash you carry.

Adverts was great before they brought in success fee's. The site is now full of stale ads where stuff was sold weeks ago. There is many things wrong with it and OP, if your building a new one (;)) don't make the same mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Agree, I used to use adverts to buy knitting machines and sewing machines. These don't come up very often so it's ruined when old adds are left there with 5 posts of 'still available'.

I use eBay but not as a seller as you are at a disadvantage. They will always side with the buyer.

I use aliexpress more and more for supplies.

Advertisement