Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show us your Retro/Arcade collections, New and Improved 2017 edition!

Options
  • 28-12-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭

Moved from previous thread as it was resurrecting a zombie!

Old thread...but it would be good to see new folks post photos of their collections :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Good idea.
    A collection is not determined by any epic size, or quality of the room it's stored in.
    It's only measure is the affection to owner has for it, and the following

1) Must not include CDi hardware or games
    b) Must not include Streets of Rage
    iii) Must not include Golden Axe
    d) The owner must acknowledge the glory of Firewarrior on the PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Sorry for monster post

Not really what most/any here are interested in, but here's my collection so far of Spectrum stuff. Few games worth 10 to 15, Rebelstar Collection probably worth a good bit, not that I'd sell any of them. I've had most of them from new. The toastrack Spectrum is worth over 100, the other 2 less than 50 but all fully serviced, new keyboard membranes workable and component modded so they all get a run out from time to time.

ebC6d2b.jpg
    nddDtsG.jpg
    maqZuuk.jpg
    l8vSf82.jpg
    2Oy8OGV.jpg
    ZjPMVMS.jpg

Have a few joysticks, couple of joystick interfaces and around 100 cover tapes and four or five copies of Your Sinclair knocking about. If anyone ever finds Spectrum related stuff on their hunt for retro I'm always interested if price is right!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

This is the status of my collection since late 2014 :(

21081979022_c1fc763dbc_c.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tchoin wrote: »

I wish my parents packed up my stuff as neatly. I can't find half my stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wish my parents packed up my stuff as neatly. I can't find half my stuff :(

Well, I must correct the year, it is like that since early 2015 :P , when I last visited and re-packed everything.

The first time I packed it was done in a hurry and a complete mess... everything mixed up and in huge unmanageable boxes :pac:

Second time though, I bought a pack of boxes instead of just scavenging, and re-packed everything putting some sense into it (like X system w/ games), I did a list as I went through (hence the numbering of boxes), and also weighed all of them. Now I know what is in what box in case I want something in particular and also know the weight of each box for the day I finally venture into bringing the collection over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I had to move to Sligo and the minute I did my parents shoved things in boxes and threw them all in the attic. It's really annoying since if I want to play a console there's always a cable I can't find and have to give up after an hour of searching :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Sorry for monster post

Not really what most/any here are interested in, but here's my collection so far of Spectrum stuff. Few games worth 10 to 15, Rebelstar Collection probably worth a good bit, not that I'd sell any of them. I've had most of them from new. The toastrack Spectrum is worth over 100, the other 2 less than 50 but all fully serviced, new keyboard membranes workable and component modded so they all get a run out from time to time.

ebC6d2b.jpg
    nddDtsG.jpg
    maqZuuk.jpg
    l8vSf82.jpg
    2Oy8OGV.jpg
    ZjPMVMS.jpg

Have a few joysticks, couple of joystick interfaces and around 100 cover tapes and four or five copies of Your Sinclair knocking about. If anyone ever finds Spectrum related stuff on their hunt for retro I'm always interested if price is right!

Great collection of speccy games there. Flying Shark on the speccy is one of my favorites.

My speccy collection has grown a bit since I found our old one year and a half ago.

2z4kawp.jpg

Firefox11 wrote: »

My speccy collection has grown a bit since I found our old one year and a half ago.

So many lovely Spectrums! Very envious. Do they all work? Which was your first? One of the rubber keys? I'm debating about whether to buy a zx81 now or not. 45 sterling comp modded, capped and heatsinked. Seems a pretty good price. Just need to pay off Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

tried to dig out some of my Speccy collection but this is all I could find that wasn't cover tapes or pirated :D
    have to put my hat on and figure out where the rest is

Skerries wrote: »
    tried to dig out some of my Speccy collection but this is all I could find that wasn't cover tapes or pirated :D
    have to put my hat on and figure out where the rest is

Rebelstar collection is worth a good few euro if you ever sell it. Brilliant music on the 128k Glider Rider if I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

Tchoin wrote: »

21081979022_c1fc763dbc_c.jpg

Alas my own picture would look similar...though perhaps not quite as neat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

As above only darker cus I've no lights in the attic. Did use clear plastic boxes though so its easy enough to identify whats in what box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

So many lovely Spectrums! Very envious. Do they all work? Which was your first? One of the rubber keys? I'm debating about whether to buy a zx81 now or not. 45 sterling comp modded, capped and heatsinked. Seems a pretty good price. Just need to pay off Christmas

Yep, they all work but most were not working originally. Most of the 48k machines I repaired, modded and refurbished back to health. (I used to work as a electronic repair tech many years ago.)

Actually the spectrum with the Saga(white) keyboard was our original childhood rubber key 48k Spectrum which I came across while cleaning my parents attic one day and so the spectrum bug bit me again. :)

I've been looking at getting a ZX81 too, but at the moment my brother is looking for a 48k machine so i'm trying to fix one up for him.

I will try and dig out my other machines (not spectrums. :)) and stick up pics of those too soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Here is a few photos of my attic, since i finally have it sorted after nearly 2 years getting it converted etc! some pics of my cabs in the kitchen down the end too. The attic has surround sound etc the only thing i need to get now is a projector, thats why the wall on the end is left just white. had to post in two due to over 15 images. apologies if thats too many photos!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

18.jpg

19.jpg

Post 2 of 2 due to images.

14.JPG

15.jpeg

16.jpeg

Lego minifigure wall me and the kids started last year, the legoland hotel had something like this behind its reception desk so we decided to go it in our kitchen!

17.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

where did you get the shelving units as I just had a garden room built and I might do this for my new Man Cave?

Skerries wrote: »
    where did you get the shelving units as I just had a garden room built and I might do this for my new Man Cave?

All that furniture is just ikea. Billy bookcases I think they are called.

It's so bare in there, you need more stuff to fill the shelves,floors and walls. I can definitely see a couple of centimetres of room with nothing in.

Looks like a dream tbh!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

All that furniture is just ikea. Billy bookcases I think they are called.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Damn that is nice and tidy.

Cocktail table looks great and the lego pegboard wall is brilliant.

Where do i get some pegboard?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Damn that is nice and tidy.

Cocktail table looks great and the lego pegboard wall is brilliant.

Where do i get some pegboard?

It's not pegboard , it's multiple grey Lego base plates put on the wall then a base of white flat Lego plates built on them, joining the base plates together and a border of white bricks. We then use 1x2 white Lego bricks to put each minifig on the wall.

Like this..

20.JPG

The plan is to go right across the wall then another row across on top of that one.

Below image is before i added the extra board above.. just take the border bricks off add another base plate and cover move the board down further.

21.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Amazing collection Optimus!

Is it wrong that one of the first things I noticed was the Talkboy, that was revolutionary when I was a kid :pac:

Corholio wrote: »

Is it wrong that one of the first things I noticed was the Talkboy, that was revolutionary when I was a kid :pac:

Got that in a car booth sale a couple of years back with two playstation 2s for 10 euro i think. always reminds me of home alone 2!

Corholio wrote: »

I saw the tomytronic 3d.

I looked recently to get a sky fighters one like I used to have as a lad, feck me they're expensive now!

Jungle fighter is the most expensive one and hardest to find. I got lucky a few years back and managed to get a boxed jungle fighter off a guy randomly on Facebook for dirt cheap on a Tomy Facebook group. Couldn't believe it, it's one the luckiest finds I've ever had.

jebus,

Is it wrong i want to boot a football at the mifig wall!!!!!!!
    ha ha ha

The cocktail is looking sweet as foooook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

jebus,
    Is it wrong i want to boot a football at the mifig wall!!!!!!!
    ha ha ha

Not as wrong as wanting to superglue the heads onto the wrong bodies :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jayzus lads were you two not hugged enough when you were children? Monsters the both of you! :pac:

Lovely setup Keith, looks great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement