Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I phone the Bank of Ireland last 2 days?

Options
  • 28-12-2016 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

So I can never get my card in time, the CSA's rarely do DPA checks and now the phonelines seem to be closed tuesday and wednesday this week. Can't see an update of when they are supposed to be open. Fair enough I got £150 from them being idiots and failing to do a dpa check but it seems they are recently trying to piss me off with cancelling my atm card two weeks ago randomly (supposedly due to fraud) and now cancelling my debit card randomly.

GF says to leave the bank which I agree with as I worked for ulster bank and they are miles better, but I need to buy something online urgently and the only debit card I have is BOI. Joke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Ah jeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaysus JOE!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Go with AIB. They have crap ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Go with AIB. They have crap ads.

and high fees

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    and high fees

And they only block your card when the suspected fraud is under €5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

They're closed because it's the Christmas holidays obviously. Surely as a former bank employee you didn't need to ask this question?

Banks open again tomorrow though, and you can blame people who aren't to blame then, to your heart's content. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TommyRiordan

Flimpson wrote: »
    They're closed because it's the Christmas holidays obviously. Surely as a former bank employee you didn't need to ask this question?

Banks open again tomorrow though, and you can blame people who aren't to blame then, to your heart's content. :rolleyes:

I don't know how long the Christmas holidays last for the BOI. We definitely worked 3 days after Christmas though.

So how do you know who is and who isn't to blame? If you fail to do basic DPA checks, you are to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

We just don't want to talk to you

I don't know how long the Christmas holidays last for the BOI. We definitely worked 3 days after Christmas though.

So how do you know who is and who isn't to blame? If you fail to do basic DPA checks, you are to blame.

I just wish there was an alternative way to contact and check their opening hours to vent my frustration via social media. Argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Because of Christmas being on a weekend this year, the public holiday in lieu meant businesses didn't open until yesterday, and the banks (not just BOI) get another day on top of that.
    I just mean some poor schmoe on customer service isn't to blame. In fairness, you're not the only one (so apologies) but there's too much messenger shooting, especially on social media. Just be polite to them while explaining the full situation and they'll be happier to help you! Hope it's sorted soon.

Flimpson wrote: »
    Because of Christmas being on a weekend this year, the public holiday in lieu meant businesses didn't open until yesterday, and the banks (not just BOI) get another day on top of that.

I just mean some poor schmoe on customer service isn't to blame. In fairness, you're not the only one (so apologies) but there's too much messenger shooting, especially on social media. Just be polite to them while explaining the full situation and they'll be happier to help you! Hope it's sorted soon.

No. He needs to stay angry and rant on the internet cos it's his prerogative! AGH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If you worked in Ulster Bank then you'd know rightly that, as Christmas was on Sunday, they'd be closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

The opening hours also available online for those of us who haven't the inside track on the finer points of banking.

Even when a lot of bank branches are open, they're in reality closed since banks adopted this new policy of not giving out cash to customers, as I recently discovered.

PS: Usually before they cancel your card they contact you. This is what they did with me before, except it was so long before that since I gave them my contact number that it was for a thing called a house phone. So I wasn't in the house to receive the call. They then cancelled my card. Annoying at the time, but understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TommyRiordan

If you worked in Ulster Bank then you'd know rightly that, as Christmas was on Sunday, they'd be closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

The opening hours also available online for those of us who haven't the inside track on the finer points of banking.

No I worked at Ulster bank as a CSA while at Uni and we were not closed 3 days after Christmas. We even worked New years Eve so I did not know that. I am asking about calling a bank, not going into branch. We were open 24/7 for the most part, and ulster bank is open to call today. Try again with your contrarian opinion.

Advertisement