Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balance and strength

Options
  • 28-12-2016 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Hi im doing gael force again this year , and i would like to know any good balance and leg strenthening exercises for croagh patrick ..
    Im grand with flat running and bike ..but on rough terrain im terrible i keep losing my balance and slipping ..i found going down croagh patrick a nightmare i had to crawl ..is there any exercises i can do to overcome this any advice would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Hi im doing gael force again this year , and i would like to know any good balance and leg strenthening exercises for croagh patrick ..
    Im grand with flat running and bike ..but on rough terrain im terrible i keep losing my balance and slipping ..i found going down croagh patrick a nightmare i had to crawl ..is there any exercises i can do to overcome this any advice would be great thanks

The only way is to get out and run on rough terrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Look at building up your core and other muscles that running doesn't naturally build, this will help with agility and balance. Running on the flat will only build certain muscles and ignore others. Kettle bells and circuits are excellent for this, see if you can arrange this sort of work out for the days during the week when your not running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Any easy thing to do is practice standing on one leg. Do it barefoot and this will build the muscles in your feet and around the ankles.

Its easy to fit into your day, while waiting for the kettle to boil, brushing your teeth etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Gotta recommend a bit of yoga, because it helps with practically all aspects of running.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

Im going to start pistol squats and step ups

• Advertisement
Advertisement