Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three line threads

Options
  • 28-12-2016 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

I'm sick as a worm's gizzard having to read 45 line posts in AH, can we not go back to 3 line posts, we don't need your family history of your hemorrhoids, or what the doctor gave you for a scaldy yoke

21/25

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

uch wrote: »
    I'm sick as a worm's gizzard having to read 45 line posts in AH, can we not go back to 3 line posts, we don't need your family history of your hemorrhoids, or what the doctor gave you for a scaldy yoke

That's four whole lines on my phone screen. Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Ok.
    Haemorrhoids better.
    Cream worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

The devil is in the detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Get rid of multi posting. That is only for pedantic people who have already lost the argument.
    And if your post is longer then a few tweets then a 'TLDR' should be added to aid those reading it.

Put me in charge. Now.

• Advertisement

Alas the diminishing attention span of our species is being used to "win" arguments on line. You just have to make a question or challange to someone that requires a long answer - by virtue of the complexity of that challenge - and then simply play the TLDR card when that user actually replies.

Abortion Debates. Homosexuality Debates. Evolution Debates. Religious debates. Political debates. Quite often the complexity of the issue - or the point to be made - can not be fit into a sound bite appealing to the attention span of the Vine and Twitter generation.
    Winterlong wrote: »
    Get rid of multi posting. That is only for pedantic people who have already lost the argument.

Quite often it is the response to the "Gish Gallop" of those who have already lost the argument - rather than a sign of having lost the argument oneself. Most people use Multi Posting in Good faith I think however. But there is a user or two I have noted use it as a tactic in and of itself in order to make any coherent response to their tirade impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Has anyone seen this?
    [link to news story from tabloid]
    It's a disgrace, I'm outraged - who's with me?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement