Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish MMA Podcast with Rhys McKee & Fight Network's Robin Black

Options
  • 27-12-2016 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

How's it going ladies and gents? Hope you all had a good Christmas.

I'm one of the hosts of an Irish MMA show called Obviously Fight Talk and we just released our year-end show with new BAMMA champion Rhys McKee and Robin Black from Fight Network & UFC.com.

If you have any feedback for the show or any suggestions for guests we would love to hear them.

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

You need to invest in better sound equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RJPala

You need to invest in better sound equipment.

Cheers for the feedback.

We haven't heard of any issues with the sound before, but will certainly take that on board. The mics and soundboard are good, high quality, pieces of kit, so I reckon if you hear an issue it's probably the levels we recorded at. They were quite high at times which I did detect, so that can distort the sound.

Will test it out before next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

RJPala wrote: »
    Cheers for the feedback.

We haven't heard of any issues with the sound before, but will certainly take that on board. The mics and soundboard are good, high quality, pieces of kit, so I reckon if you hear an issue it's probably the levels we recorded at. They were quite high at times which I did detect, so that can distort the sound.

Will test it out before next time.

There's just a lot of peaking on the mic at the start. Play around with the levels a bit and see how it goes or maybe try using a pop filter?

There's just a lot of peaking on the mic at the start. Play around with the levels a bit and see how it goes or maybe try using a pop filter?
    That's Noel and his excitement peaking the levels! Thanks for the feedback. We are ordering pop filters very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

record your audio at 24bit so you have more headroom, use a compressor/limiter to keep the level steady

• Advertisement

record your audio at 24bit so you have more headroom, use a compressor/limiter to keep the level steady
    Thanks for the tips my man.

Advertisement