Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing an Airstream

Options
  • 26-12-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I presume as there is no motor tax there is no issue waltzing over to the UK and buying an Airstream from a tax or VRT perspective?

Or am I missing a tax trick that the government have sussed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Agent_47 wrote: »
    I presume as there is no motor tax there is no issue waltzing over to the UK and buying an Airstream from a tax or VRT perspective?

No vrt on caravans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Have you looked into this further Agent_47?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Hi Murph226, still researching but got the name of the followng crowd in the UK who have used stock. http://www.adventurelv.com/stock . What with Sterling dropping in value it would be this or an imported car top of the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

They look cool but why are they so expensive.

Because they look cool!

On a serious note I suppose it's because they are classed as a vintage or antique item and are fairly sought after.

• Advertisement

Very modern and expensive on that site Agent_47, have a look on airstreams4u.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Agent_47 wrote: »

Hi Agent 47, I have a neighbour who was selling one here in Ireland and then wasn't. It is in the original condition, as in not modified rather than in crap order. I do not know the size, but I can find out if you are interested and assuming he is still selling it. I think he falls in and out of love with it, or is that his wife, never sure. Let me know.

Advertisement