Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Late to start leaving cert biology?

Options
  • 26-12-2016 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am currently doing irish ,english (o.l), maths ,spanish, physics, and business in school and app maths outside , i am not counting english so i put little to no time into it, i want a 7th higher level so do you think it is too late to join a biology class in school? Currently half way theough fifth year , thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That would depend on the school. It could cause quite a bit of disruption.
    Is there some reason why you cannot do it yourself outside school with grinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sarah177

Thanks for the reply!:) grinds are really expensive and I have 5 free periods a week where the biology classes are on, so I may aswell use them if I'm going to do it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Are the classes full?

No I dont think so!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I think it sounds quite manageable. Get on to your principal as soon as you get back and get purchasing whatever leavingcert bio book they are using and start catching up on what you've missed bit by bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How do you have 5 free periods a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

What did you get in junior cert science? You'd be absolutely fine if you were in my school but we move at a gentle pace. A high achieving school could be a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

I'd be inclined to say it's doable. There's about 42 chapters but only a handful of chapters that could be classed as "tricky" (Photosynthesis, Respiration, DNA and Genetics come to mind) the rest are all just a matter of learning stuff off but there is a lot of material.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

I did similar, get the book now and catch up as much as you can. When you're in the class ask the teacher for extra work and that to catch up, you'll be ahead of your classmates in no time

Good luck

Thanks for all the replies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement