Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashfield and Glebe Hill, Swords

Options
  • 26-12-2016 1:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

I'm interested in buying in the Ashfield and Glebe Hill estates in Swords. I've viewed the houses in Ashfield and Millers Glen, but the latter seemed a little out of the way. Can anyone tell me if the two are safe, have good transport links, etc? I appreciate any info you can give me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I live around the corner from Glebe hill and I think it's a great location. We are renting at the moment and if we were looking to stay around Swords I would consider it but looking to move back south side.

It's about a 5 minute walk to Penny's Pavillions where the Swords express is a 30 minute spin into the city plus a few other busses including a night link for getting back from town.

Close to Lidl and the main steeet so you can walk lots of places.

The main road can be busy enough though especially leading down to church road and win a one way system from there can be a small inconvenience but barely noticeble especially at glebe hill.

I have often been told not to go into the park after dark and have never done so but would run there a bit. Have seen a few rats and mice crossing the road to the park so that would be a consideration especially in winter.

Would need to look at parking there as no parking on the main road and the car park spaces on church road have lead cars vandalised regularly enough from people drinking in the school house and the lanes down beside it. Normally fine in the estates just the main thoroughfare On a Friday and Saturday night.

Traffic has eased up a bit around there with the new Lidl opening on the Main Street and with Tesco being built at the moment at Holywell it will get even better.

Personally ion swords it would be towards the top of my list

Advertisement