Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many CrossFits are in/around Waterford?

Options
  • 26-12-2016 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I would like to know is there only the one CrossFit facility in Waterford or are there others in and around the Waterford area? I did try the main one but I would rather not go back there, I cant see any other CrossFit facilities nearby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Hello,

I would like to know is there only the one CrossFit facility in Waterford or are there others in and around the Waterford area? I did try the main one but I would rather not go back there, I cant see any other CrossFit facilities nearby?

There's one in Dungarvan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭larchielads

Why would ye not go back?
    There's another one called waterford warriors in the 6 cross roads business Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why would ye not go back?
    There's another one called waterford warriors in the 6 cross roads business Park.

I might check that out thanks. I wouldnt go back to the main one, the owner has way too much of an ego plus he insists on filming everyone during routines even if you dont want to be filmed, i only saw some of the footage afterwards, his co owner isnt much better. I liked the exercises but its not a welcoming environment, he only pretends it is. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

I was a member in both places, although at CrossFit when it was with a diff co-owner back few years ago so not sure what its been like since around 2013/4, now a few of us are in Warriors.

really friendly environment, great coaches and programs. Give it a try, its also going to be a CrossFit affiliate soon I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

savic04 wrote: »
    I was a member in both places, although at CrossFit when it was with a diff co-owner back few years ago so not sure what its been like since around 2013/4, now a few of us are in Warriors.

really friendly environment, great coaches and programs. Give it a try, its also going to be a CrossFit affiliate soon I think

Cheers for the tip savic, ill check it out. I prefer a place to work out and do the exercises in peace. The other place was like walking into Facebook they want the whole profile off you when you walk in the door, and taking videos etc of everything you do. Way too pushy, not my cup of tea. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Cheers for the tip savic, ill check it out. I prefer a place to work out and do the exercises in peace. The other place was like walking into Facebook they want the whole profile off you when you walk in the door, and taking videos etc of everything you do. Way too pushy, not my cup of tea. Thanks again.

what if you dont do social media or dont like pics and videos being taken of yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    what if you dont do social media or dont like pics and videos being taken of yourself?

Wanderer,

I was doing some other training in Crossfit Waterford and figured crossfit would be my thing and was about to sign up with them until I came across Waterford warriors, the gym is much nicer in terms of equipment, hygiene and members welcoming you! That was two years ago and I haven't had a bad experience in their yet! Great community of people of all abilities, two big rooms/gyms classes every half hour, mobility area coffee machine full stock of refreshments and free intro/taster classes. Warriors isn't as yet crossfit affliated cuz the money was spent on making the gym better rather than shelling out for what is a brand name as such but it will be in the next few weeks! the best thing to do is drop Gary Walsh a message on Facebook or call into the gym, tell him his IT guy" sent you ;-)

Advertisement