Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove this kind of weather stripping/draught seal/window seal?

Options
  • 25-12-2016 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

The weather stripping / draught seal /window seal on my windows is worn out. I want to replace it. But I can't seem to remove the old one. I tried to pull it with my fingers with no effect.

Here is a picture: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AoLRpBsPfXJgglBr_5q_dbpuK2Ck. The weather stripping is the gray half line at the top of the picture.

Anybody knows? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
    Yue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's called woolpile. Getting it out is the easy part. Run a Stanley blade across the middle and it will come out in two strips.
    Getting the new one in is the tricky part.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jinyasha

Thanks for the reply. If I want to replace it with a different kind of weather stripping, how can I know whether it will work? Is try and error the only way? Or I just need to some measurements?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what weather strip did you have in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Can you post a pic of the other part of the window pls?
    If u replace with something too thick, window will get strained, if too thin, wont work.
    You renter or owner?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement