Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Kevin

Options
  • 25-12-2016 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi all. I inject insulin twice daily. I've been diabetic for 12 years now starting at age 50. I feel ok in general but last week I was out for a walk when suddenly my eyes blurred. This lasted one minute or so . I experienced the same thing 4 hours later so next day I went to the hospital and my eyes were checked using an opthalmoscope which didn't show any abnormalities. I have my yearly eye test coming up this Friday so that's handy. I'm still a bit worried about it. I get dry eye sometimes so that might explain the blur iness.Would be nice to "see" what other people think.cheers Kevin in Galway Ireland.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hi all. I inject insulin twice daily. I've been diabetic for 12 years now starting at age 50. I feel ok in general but last week I was out for a walk when suddenly my eyes blurred. This lasted one minute or so . I experienced the same thing 4 hours later so next day I went to the hospital and my eyes were checked using an opthalmoscope which didn't show any abnormalities. I have my yearly eye test coming up this Friday so that's handy. I'm still a bit worried about it. I get dry eye sometimes so that might explain the blur iness.Would be nice to "see" what other people think.cheers Kevin in Galway Ireland.

Your yearly eye check would be a lot more comprehensive than the check with the ophthalmoscope. If you are concerned attend an opticians and then can refer you to eye casualty in UCHG if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭fantastic98

Daisies wrote: »
    Your yearly eye check would be a lot more comprehensive than the check with the ophthalmoscope. If you are concerned attend an opticians and then can refer you to eye casualty in UCHG if needed
    hi daisies . Well I had the eye test done today. But to my consternation, when I asked what the person who took the photos, thought of them, she said that she didn't know and I would get the results in 3 weeks. It's the first time that ever happened to me in my 12 years as a diabetic. She wasn't a doctor and there should have been a doctor in attendance so I could discuss some problems I am having with my eyes. I thought it was bad form. In fact downright scary. What's next? Cheers Kevin.

Advertisement