Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X Graphics Card.

Options
  • 25-12-2016 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

Free to any Boardsie who could use a Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X OC with MANTLE and Gaming Evolved Client, 3GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (GRAPHICS CARD) in a PC build.

The card artifacts when under heavy load so has been replaced with an MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6 GB card.

A summary of the artifacting issue with the card is described in this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

didn't last long :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

4 minutes after I posted it and 210 views in a few hours, on Xmas day!!!

4 minutes after I posted it and 210 views in a few hours, on Xmas day!!!

We are really sad!

:D:D

Lovely Xmas present though, well played

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I was looking out for this card to turn my rig into x fire so sad now :(

• Advertisement

Sorry all, was just going to post it up on here but I know the protocol is to put it up on Adverts and then link to it here. By the time I'd linked to it here it was already claimed on Adverts.

I never realised the card would be so popular or that giving stuff away would be so complicated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

That's adverts for ya, if it's free and people think they can resell it then they will mug you for it.

Really think that free stuff should be given away on a sticky here.
    I've got a crappy but perfectly functioning 6870 to give away in 2 weeks but not going to adverts it.

It's a bit of a conflict of interest that boards is forcing the community to use its commercial arm, when people are trying to do others in the community a favour for free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I have a 6850 to give away if anyone is interested !

That's adverts for ya, if it's free and people think they can resell it then they will mug you for it.

I'll be pissed off if that happens. I've been offered money for it but as it artifacts when under max pressure I wanted it to go to a Boardsie building a rig on a budget or some young lad/girl who is experimenting with PC building but once on Adverts I really don't have much choice but to do with the first person who requests it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

will take it off your hand for teenage son, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I have a 6850 to give away if anyone is interested !

will take it off your hands
    for teenage son, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I try not to give stuff away on adverts for free, you get serious chancers who just leap at anything that's free, even if they've zero interest in it. Some of it appears for sale again hours later. At least here you know it'll go to someone who will genuinely make good use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

I try not to give stuff away on adverts for free, you get serious chancers who just leap at anything that's free, even if they've zero interest in it. Some of it appears for sale again hours later. At least here you know it'll go to someone who will genuinely make good use of it.

I saw a free 280 (no idea if same ad as op's) given away and then sold yesterday for 75e :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes, the person went and sold it the very next day for €75.

http://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/radeon-r9-280-3gb/12002113

Shows where your generosity goes on a place like adverts. I'd rather bin a card then have someone do that.

Obviously well intended by the OP though and appreciated, just a shame people on adverts act like that.

Quick look at the guys adverts and he's selling several things he got for free on adverts - in fact, he sold the R9 280 as 'working perfect', doubt he even plugged it in when he got it from OP, just straight away back up for cash.

You could/should leave him negative feedback, because he's a) just a scalper and b) sold it as working perfect when you clearly outlined that it's not quite perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Maybe limit freebies to boards members with x amount of posts in the advert description?

Side note:
    My gf worked in a charity shop and there was always the odd person who would be buying stuff regularly just to resell on adverts, same was happening on local free FB pages until they started banning members who were doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads if we check his adverts every day and comment on the ads he's requesting on then he won't get as many free items.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'll just have a chat with Sol to see if we can sticky this.

pawrick wrote: »
    Maybe limit freebies to boards members with x amount of posts in the advert description?

If this could be done then it would be helpful I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

I'll just have a chat with Sol to see if we can sticky this.

Sounds like a good idea.

• Advertisement

game4it70 wrote: »
    I saw a free 280 (no idea if same ad as op's) given away and then sold yesterday for 75e :mad:

Yes, that was mine and I'm absolutely pi$$ed about it. Another Adverts user alerted me to it an hour ago so I immediately left negative feedback for Chexan, reported the advert where he sold it as "working perfectly" (it doesn't work perfectly) to Adverts and I alerted the buyer who paid €75 for it on Tuesday that I'd given it away FOC on Monday as it artifacts during game play.

In future if I have something decent to give away I'm going to post it on the relevant Boards.ie thread first to try and identify someone who genuinely wants and will value/use it and only then put it up on adverts along with a notice saying that only the person who has the code I PM'd them on Boards will have their request accepted and that person must quote the code (some random 5 digit code I've PM'd them) in their request. That should stop **** like Chexan taking advantage of peoples good intentions and provide a function-able workaround to Adverts/Boards forcing us to put free stuff up on Adverts rather than give away to community members here.

Advertisement