Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curved screen tv's.

Options
  • 25-12-2016 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭

What are the advantages, if any, of this type of technology? Does it provide an enhanced viewing experience compared to a standard flat screen? I'm referring particularly to movie viewing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

chicorytip wrote: »
    What are the advantages, if any, of this type of technology? Does it provide an enhanced viewing experience compared to a standard flat screen? I'm referring particularly to movie viewing.

Wider field of vision - if you have a large room with seating at tight angles to the the TV it is more easy seen. But because of the wider filed the colour washes out quite easily, so unless you are sitting all but dead center it's poorer image.
    Other than that no different to a "flat screen"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

From an article 'How to buy a TV in 2016' on CNET dated Oct 5th 2016 .......

In my review of the first mainstream curved LCD TV, Samsung's UNHU9000, I called the curve "a flat-out gimmick." And that was after living with one in my house for a month. The curve detracted more than it added to picture quality, and in the end seemed like more of an aesthetic choice than anything else. No matter what, I don't think it's worth the extra money

https://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/buying-guide/

Advertisement