Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores Sale

Options
  • 24-12-2016 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

the usual christmas eve 6pm sale. Website is on its knees. I managed to get in via the mobile site but still very slow.

http://www.dunnesstores.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Feckers don't have the one thing I want in the sale :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

thought there was quite a lot of stock in the sale but maybe thats because no one can buy it as the site keeps falling over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

So you order on the website, then next week they admit they don't have 90% of what you ordered. Don't think I'll bother this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Any discount codes ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I got in all right, but why are the prices listed in £s?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

I got in all right, but why are the prices listed in £s?????

delivery should default to Ireland and euros but if not then you can change in the top right corner

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

clevtrev wrote: »
    delivery should default to Ireland and euros but if not then you can change in the top right corner

Got it. Thank you:).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

any codes or cashback available for Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oEmmao

thanks, just picked up a top for 7euro :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Paul Costelloe Living Italian Tie

from €20.00 to €40.00

Think they might not have the hang of this sale thing. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It's fixed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

have they reduced the price of their €60 piece of "living" wood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Serious question do they sell much clothing given its all "premium" Costello, Harrington and Francis Brennan?

The prices are crazy for Dunnes but are they good quality like the old times M & S clothing?

Think I saw Costello jumpers priced more than Tommy Hilfiger ones before :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Serious question do they sell much clothing given its all "premium" Costello, Harrington and Francis Brennan?

The prices are crazy for Dunnes but are they good quality like the old times M & S clothing?

In fairness the Paul Costello stuff is good, the sale prices make it more affordable though.

Their own brand centrered is very good in my opinion.

I have a fair few bits of their 'XLR8' range of clothes (sports clothes). I use them for running and due to their nature of use, they get washed regularly. None of my clothes have ever faded or started falling apart, etc.

For the price they charge (the xlr8 stuff is generally reasonably priced, in my opinion, especially their polo shirts, which are great for day-to-day wear) they're well worth getting.

That said, they did release xlr8 gloves for a tenner that I bought. Thought I was being robbed buying them, but figured I'd be grand cos all the other clothes are excellent and presumed it'd be €10 well spent as the gloves would last ages, but nope, they fell apart practically overnight, unfortunately.

I haven't had much experience with any of their other stuff, though. Just the exercise clothes, but I'd recommend them.

Advertisement