Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point in buying a Fire Stick?

Options
  • 24-12-2016 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I had been thinking about buying an Amazon Fire Stick or something similar like a Roku. However after looking at what Amazon Video has to offer in Ireland there doesn't seem much point. There's something like twenty titles available and most of them aren't even to my taste.

I've been looking at other sites to see what's available. there's one called Crackle which is supposedly like a free version of Netflix that's supported by ads. However all I can see available there is something called 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'. That's it. One crappy programme.

I have Vodafone TV and can watch Netflix on that so Netflix aside are there any sites (either cheap or free) around that has decent content that could be viewed in Ireland and that a Fire Stick or Roku supports? Or would it be a waste of €40 or €50?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have 2 of them now, I use them for youtube for kids! handy for littlebabybum etc and cheap way to turn tv into smart tv

I have signed up for Amazon but majority of stuff wont play so I got a bit pi**ed off after a few tries and quit my free membership

Advertisement