Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theft from Crumlin childrens hospital on the rise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

But that's people for you in this day and age.

Like myswlf I gave quite a lot of stuff to the svp yesterday from me and my girlfirend all our on wonted gifts. Then I gave huge bag of designer clothes 3 weeks ago.

People still call you a lier and have a need to insult you over it......

Svp is something I support my mother works in one of my local shops back home a few days a week to give back something to the local area. I won't to do the same I get attacked over it.

So basically if you steal you are bad and if you give you are also as bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Like myswlf I gave quite a lot of stuff to the svp yesterday from me and my girlfirend all our on wonted gifts. Then I gave huge bag of designer clothes 3 weeks ago.

Svp is something I support my mother works in one of my local shops back home a few days a week to give back something to the local area. I won't to do the same I get attacked over it.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

What are you on about???????

To answer the OP, there are plenty of dirt bags and pikeys out there that'll rob decent people blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Pkiernan wrote: »
    What are you on about???????

To answer the OP, there are plenty of dirt bags and pikeys out there that'll rob decent people blind.

I am on about I have close to a 1000 euro of stuff to the svp over the last month and people message me insulting me on Facebook saying I am notting but a scammer is what my deslexa self is trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I am on about I have close to a 1000 euro of stuff to the svp over the last month and people message me insulting me on Facebook saying I am notting but a scammer is what my deslexa self is trying to say.

How did Facebook know about a SVP donation?

I suppose SVP just want to make sure they are not accepting stolen goods, which is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What does that have to do with theft from Crumlin?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dyslexia aside, what are you on about/what is this to do in relation to the op which is about stealing from a hospital.

Why do people on Facebook even know or care about what you do or don't donate to svp???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

People have been disparaging his donations.
    It's hard when people do t understand you and it's hard when people who are robbing get more respect than people who do nice things but are complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Tigger wrote: »
    People have been disparaging his donations.
    It's hard when people do t understand you and it's hard when people who are robbing get more respect than people who do nice things but are complicated.

Who's giving more respect to people robbing things?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Did you get lost on your way to the thread you thought you were posting on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

There is some serious scummers in this country.

Like compared to some other countries we really aren't great.

Where did it all go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,327 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stealing from sick kids is low.

14 items in the space of 16 months actually doesn't seem that high to me from a place that sadly would have a huge turnover of kids and visitors.

How many were toys just taken home by kids who got attached to them while in the hospital I would hope it's more along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You get scroates coming in off the street stealing buggies and stuff. Dirt bags.

Stealing from sick kids is low.

14 items in the space of 16 months actually doesn't seem that high to me from a place that sadly would have a huge turnover of kids and visitors.

How many were toys just taken home by kids who got attached to them while in the hospital.

Pretty sure the gardr weren't called because a teddy bear was robbed ffs.

Pretty sure the gardr weren't called because a teddy bear was robbed ffs.

Ye FFS.

There was a whole kids ambulance robbed last year and the Gardai were called in as well.

That turned out to be a publicity stunt.

Ye FFS.

There was a whole kids ambulance robbed last year and the Gardai were called in as well.

That turned out to be a publicity stunt.

Publicity stunt by who?

Publicity stunt by who?

The Bumbleance at the ploughing championships even boards posters raised money to replace things that were supposed to be stolen from it.
    Charity founder Liam Heffernan had claimed that the ambulance, known as the “Bumbleance”, was targeted and up to €800 worth of equipment was taken.

Widespread media coverage of the theft resulted in much public sympathy and an estimated €40,000 in donations to the charity.

Then
    A former director of a children’s charity has claimed CCTV footage he has given to gardaí will contradict a claim by the charity’s founder that a theft took place from its ambulance at last year’s National Ploughing Championships.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/david-hall-cctv-shows-no-theft-in-bumbleance-352376.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

TheChizler wrote: »
    Who's giving more respect to people robbing things?

Not me

The Bumbleance at the ploughing championships even boards posters raised money to replace things that were supposed to be stolen from it.

Then

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/david-hall-cctv-shows-no-theft-in-bumbleance-352376.html

So who staged it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Once upon a time, many years ago, I worked in Crumlin hospital.
    I can vouch for the frequency of items being stolen.

Ranging from packets of nappies that the thieves were "entitled" to take, to an expensive watch stolen from a consultant's coat by the yoke of a parent of the critically ill infant, whose life the doctor was saving in the cubicle.

It takes a lot to shock me nowadays as a result of what I saw while there.

• Advertisement

So who staged it?

The government sure aren't they to blame for everything wrong in the Country.

If your to lazy to click the link and read I'm not telling you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

I worked in a children's hospital years ago and it was the same story. Often electronic thermometers and monitors were taken by parents. The thermometers are designed to stop working after you remove them from the hospital, presumably in the hope that one day word will get around the scum community that there's no point stealing those thermometers as they'll never work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Ranging from packets of nappies that the thieves were "entitled" to take, to an expensive watch stolen from a consultant's coat by the yoke of a parent of the critically ill infant, whose life the doctor was saving in the cubicle.

That person wants a good baetin.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

People nick strange things from wards.

Tympanic thermometers are something that often goes missing, which is very irritating when you need to go do your observation rounds and there's maybe one thermometer (At one point in the distant past there was one for each cubicle) to go round.

Another time someone stole all the rice puddings for patients out of the fridge

Advertisement