Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair guy using tiny dog

Options
  • 24-12-2016 1:31am

Guy on Mary St today in wheelchair singing along to boom box. Seen him before in dun laoire. He is rubbish but uses a little dog to evoke sympathy. Friend saw him today on Mary St with tiny dog shivering badly. Friend told him dog too tiny to be out in weather but scumbag in wheelchair ignored her any point reporting him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just a strange thought... but how about you mind your own business? :pac:
    It was'nt like he was whipping the dog in the middle of the street. So the dog was cold. Big deal. Plenty of homeless people sleeping on the streets tonight. Where is your bleeding heart for them? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Maybe the dog is using the tone deaf wheelchair guy.

Things arent always as they seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I saw a blue car today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Birneybau wrote: »
    I saw a blue car today

I hope you reported it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I saw a blue car today

Was it shivering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Just take the Dog off him, he's not going to run after you

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I think he used to be out our way but has moved on, thank God. To say he is rubbish is a grave understatement. felt sorry for the little dog having to listen to that all dwy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Guy on Mary St today in wheelchair singing along to boom box. Seen him before in dun laoire. He is rubbish but uses a little dog to evoke sympathy. Friend saw him today on Mary St with tiny dog shivering badly. Friend told him dog too tiny to be out in weather but scumbag in wheelchair ignored her any point reporting him?

You could report your friend to the quarter pounder police. I'm not sure what they could do for you but it should keep you occupied for a while looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

uch wrote: »
    Just take the Dog off him, he's not going to run after you

He might be using the wheelchair to evoke sympathy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Not sure how he's a scumbag but the dog might be his own pet - why would he need the dog for sympathy when he's in a wheelchair?

• Advertisement

Just a strange thought... but how about you mind your own business? :pac:
    It was'nt like he was whipping the dog in the middle of the street. So the dog was cold. Big deal. Plenty of homeless people sleeping on the streets tonight. Where is your bleeding heart for them? ;)

Ah your type sicken me. Homeless people have enough people working on their behalf. Go gather up s few and put them. In your house. But of course you wouldn't. Cos your an all talk no action keyboard warrior.

Flimpson wrote: »
    Not sure how he's a scumbag but the dog might be his own pet - why would he need the dog for sympathy when he's in a wheelchair?

Beggars use dogs specially puppies all the time on the Continent to get more sympathy. And more donations. He's a scumbag because he didn't even wrap a blanket round the dog and poor thing was freezing. Just cos your in a wheelchair doesn't make you a Saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dancewithme

Take the dog and run. I bet if you go back next week he will have a new dog

I saw a blue car today
    you must have a very boring life and little imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

Imagine being so desperate for company that you'd drag an animal into your horrible life with you. Awful situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I saw a blue car today

So did I.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭dinorebel

you must have a very boring life and little imagination.
    He has a great imagination the car was really red.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

They play Republican songs and together are are known as... Wolf Tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭StanleyOllie

Id prefer a hotdog

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Ah your type sicken me. Homeless people have enough people working on their behalf. Go gather up s few and put them. In your house. But of course you wouldn't. Cos your an all talk no action keyboard warrior.

So what's your address? I'll give it to some homeless people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There is a dude in a wheelchair round my way who uses two jack russells as sledge dogs to pull him around. Deadly serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

There is a dude in a wheelchair round my way who uses two jack russells as sledge dogs to pull him around. Deadly serious.

That sounds like the title to a song. The Smiths come to mind for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

Beggars use dogs specially puppies all the time on the Continent to get more sympathy. And more donations. He's a scumbag because he didn't even wrap a blanket round the dog and poor thing was freezing. Just cos your in a wheelchair doesn't make you a Saint.

I like animals, but you have to question what's gone badly wrong in society when people care about their well being, while having nothing but hatred for fellow human beings worse off than themselves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Things arent always as they seem.
    Oh, no. I am a musician and the monkey is a businessman. He doesn't tell me what to play, and I don't tell him what to do with his money. . One day I came home and I found him sitting in my living room. I let him stay, but he pays for his own room and board.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Dogs don't just shiver because theyre cold. Probably more likely he's hungry or nervous rather than cold seeing as its like 14 degrees outside. Is this dog originally from somewhere around the equator? Anyway , bit mean to say he's 'using ' this dog, while you could be right it could just as easily be his only companion.

Anyway theres nicer things to talk about on christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Imagine being so desperate for company that you'd drag an animal into your horrible life with you. Awful situation.

Dogs arent prejudiced towards poor people unlike some humans. Maybe the dog is happy, you don't have to be rich to make a dog happy. IF this beggar got even 1.50 in change every day he could have his dog well fed on a load of bread daily. Not saying bread is the best thing he could give but the dog will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

wakka12 wrote: »
    Dogs arent prejudiced towards poor people unlike some humans. Maybe the dog is happy, you don't have to be rich to make a dog happy. IF this beggar got even 1.50 in change every day he could have his dog well fed on a load of bread daily. Not saying bread is the best thing he could give but the dog will be fine.
    I'm not so sure any dog would be fine on a diet of bread . But I take your point. Unfortunately I've seen quite a few in fairly rough looking state around Dublin, if their owners are hungry then they are too. Awful way of life for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Skommando wrote: »
    I like animals, but you have to question what's gone badly wrong in society when people care about their well being, while having nothing but hatred for fellow human beings worse off than themselves.

People are suckers for dogs. I guess we are sort of programmed to respond to "mans best friend".
    I saw a homeless guy in Leeds a couple of weeks ago. He had an Old English Sheepdog (dulux dog) and he was cleaning up. Both he and the dog were lapping it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

I know it doesn't. What I mean though is, since he's in a wheelchair as it is, he doesn't need a "prop" to elicit sympathy. The dog is likely just his pet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Jesus, I thought he was using him like a sled dog, way you were on about it.

Advertisement