Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop/black screen

Options
  • 23-12-2016 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi all,I recently bought a hp-Ba55Sa laptop,I got the shop to set it up for me the problem is every time I shut it down or put it into sleep mode when i power it back up It's the black screen again.ive plugged it out removed the battery to deplete the battery plugged it in without the battery and it worked but when I closed down the screen to replace the battery I'm back to the black screen,now I know it covered by the shop to have it sorted but given the time of year and the journey to the shop I'm wondering if anyone can help in some way.frustrated don't even cover it,I'm wondering is there a button I need to press or something equally silly that I don't know of.TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

If its not happening when plugged in to charger then it might be some battery power option,

Have a look in the control panel at the Power Options screen

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

wiz569 wrote: »
    If its not happening when plugged in to charger then it might be some battery power option,

Have a look in the control panel at the Power Options screen
    Sorry I wasn't clearer it's happening regardless of if it plugged in or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

uisce33 wrote: »
    Sorry I wasn't clearer it's happening regardless of if it plugged in or not..

I'd start at step one here so and work your way through it,but it would probably be better to let the shop fix it.

http://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c03518165

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

wiz569 wrote: »
    I'd start at step one here so and work your way through it,but it would probably be better to let the shop fix it.

http://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c03518165
    Thanks for the reply,I will have a look

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

If it's within the 30 day period you can bring it back and ask for a replacement or a refund. It sounds like the laptop is faulty and if something goes wrong within the first 30 days you have much more protection.

You want to be confident that your new laptop is in complete working order. Bringing it back is the only option

• Advertisement
Advertisement