Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing Chocolate Truffle Selection Box Deal

Options
  • 23-12-2016 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

Holland and Barrett have Booja Booja chocolates in their 1 cent sale*

These are top quality chocolates and are a prime example of how we don't need animal products to indulge in great taste, while being healthier for us, better for the environment and of course not exploiting any animals.

They are organic, dairy free, gluten free and soya free. In fact, with the detrimental effects conventional confectionery poses to our health, especially the animal derived ingredients, this could quite possibly be the greatest value confectionery bargain alert ever as it's not damaging us and the World around us :D

http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/shop/product/booja-booja-gourmet-selection-60014149

*When you go to the page and add boxes in multiples of 2, you get the second for 1 cent. So €10 per box, delivery or local store collection is free for orders over €20 too.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Awesome, be a great present and one for myself haha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

207 Grammes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

AW, but it's not real chocolate!
    Some poncey nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Invincible wrote: »
    Some poncey nonsense.

What's your definition of real chocolate? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

Fantastic deal, just ordered 2 boxes. My deal of the year!

Been looking out for them in my local Holland and Barrett stores but couldn't find any big boxes this Christmas (the Tralee store used to have them in December). The smaller boxes were not advertised as part of the 1 cent deal.

Otherwise, the cheapest way to buy Booja Booja truffles is in small packs of 2. You can find them in some health food stores for €1.50-1.90 a pack.

• Advertisement

My only problem with Booja Booja is the packaging. They use excessive amounts, especially for their gift boxes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Invincible wrote: »
    Some poncey nonsense.

Probably nicer chocolate than most people have tasted ever! So good. As you would expect from 20e for 200g I guess haha

Already sold out now.

Probably nicer chocolate than most people have tasted ever! So good. As you would expect from 20e for 200g I guess haha

Already sold out now.

Still showing as in stock for me.

There's only one left so nobody can do the deal is what I meant, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭TanFlash

Exploiting animals???? Sure animals themselves exploit other animals, bet you they don't feel guilty about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

cormie wrote: »

These are top quality chocolates and are a prime example of how we don't need animal products to indulge in great taste, while being healthier for us, better for the environment and of course not exploiting any animals.

They are organic, dairy free, gluten free and soya free. In fact, with the detrimental effects conventional confectionery poses to our health, especially the animal derived ingredients, this could quite possibly be the greatest value confectionery bargain alert ever as it's not damaging us and the World around us :D

http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/shop/product/booja-booja-gourmet-selection-60014149

*When you go to the page and add boxes in multiples of 2, you get the second for 1 cent. So €10 per box, delivery or local store collection is free for orders over €20 too.

Thanks, OP.

I come here for a bargain though, not a lecture in vegan nonsense. Not damaging the world? I assume it's transported using nothing but electric vehicles then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Let's just discuss the bargain, no more mention of peoples dietary preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Anyone smell a rat here, lets you add one to basket but not two. So we re to believe that there has been just one box of these chocs in stock since yesterday and not one person in the country has bought it?

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Anyone smell a rat here, lets you add one to basket but not two. So we re to believe that there has been just one box of these chocs in stock since yesterday and not one person in the country has bought it?

I for one ordered 2 boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks, OP.

I come here for a bargain though, not a lecture in vegan nonsense. Not damaging the world? I assume it's transported using nothing but electric vehicles then?

I never mentioned the word vegan. I'm not vegan and never claimed to be and believe it's impossible to partake in any form of modern society and be vegan, it's just about doing as little harm as possible and choosing to not cause harm where harm isn't needed :)

I hope those who managed to get them enjoy them anyway. Was a great deal for what they are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

cormie wrote: »

You know what else is really bad for you? Sugar. Save yourselves and don't eat this confectionary either!

Advertisement