Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whoever recommended Salt and sanctuary

Options
  • 23-12-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭

Whoever recommended Salt and sanctuary, i hate you, what a horrible troll game :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's 2D Dark Souls with awful animation. With that said my advise is as always: Git Gud!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Its a bit too hard though, less skill based and more just memorizing the placement of enemies as you corpse run dozens of times just to get through a small area..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Where abouts are you? Its very hard at the beginning but eases off after you beat the third boss.

If you're past that and still struggling then you probably suck and need to git gud

I was just raging in the part in the trees with the countless archers and then blobs on the ground, killed countless times by them and gravity. When i finally made it through all of that, half my health left and no more healing items and i get the feeling im coming across a save point or shortcut and then i bump into the Kraekan Cyclops, anyway death and now im hear moaning..

I've only killed the Sodden knight before this :(

Am i better off mostly running through zones and not bothering with killing enemies?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

nix wrote: »
    Its a bit too hard though, less skill based and more just memorizing the placement of enemies as you corpse run dozens of times just to get through a small area..

Keep at it. Getting that little bit further each time is part of the fun!

• Advertisement

Don't bother with the blobs.

Have you played and enjoyed Dark Souls? The Kraken Cyclops is a boss for later in the game, it's probably equivalent to fighting Quelaag before the Gargoyles in Dark Souls.

As with that, while you can go anywhere you like there's a recommended progression path, you're just a little off it.

Just a tip on where to go, a tip for the woods and a general game tip
    after the Sodden Knight, when you reach the forest go left, sometimes progression is to the left.

Stay high when you go back to the forest.

There's always a shrine or sanctuary pretty close to the bosses, if you find a boss know there's healing nearby for next time.

I havent leveled up much at all, due to dying and losing all of my salt. Should i just farm the zones im comfortable with to get that extra bump?

Is there any benefit to leveling much? Am i going the right way? or am i skipping a boss? What weapons do you recommend? im using a spear at the moment, for the reach :cool:

Leveling is handy if even just for the extra healing items but you shouldn't need to farm much, if at all.

See spoiler for where to go.

If you are having trouble with an area you can always try another area. some areas in these games for higher levels but they don't block them off. Have fun and try Dark Souls next if you haven't already :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you are having trouble with an area you can always try another area. some areas in these games for higher levels but they don't block them off. Have fun and try Dark Souls next if you haven't already :)

Oh ive played Bloodborne, DS2 and DS3 to death, still playing bloodborne and DS3 frequently. Ive played most of DS1 also, i cant remember how far i got, i think DS3 came out when i was playing through it and i just jumped onto that :D

But yeah ill give this another whirl, cheers for the tips lads!

• Advertisement

UGH FML

So ive downed 3 bosses since, was on kind of a role, just defeated the Kraekan Cyclops, and died foolishly afterwards by 3 alien things, my fault i didnt realise i attacked weaker or had less stamina whatever with a torch in my hand. Went back to same room and had same issue again, back tracked out of the room to heal and they followed, i didnt realise i was on a ledge i can drop down from and managed to do just that and plummeted to my death losing 7k+ souls :*(

You'll get them back

Beaten the Mad Alchemist?

You'll get them back

Beaten the Mad Alchemist?

Yeah beat him before the kraken, he was easyish, 3rd attempts. i just went very aggressive on him, fight would be near impossible if he didnt jump on those platforms away from all the danger :D

Queen of smiles down to :D

I went spear and board for the first two bosses and went went two handed sword for alchy and kraken and tore through them alot quicker :D

I really struggled with the Mad Alchemist, on NG+ even more so.

Game picks up after this, areas get cooler and gameplay widens a little bit, more choice on where to go too.

Has the opinion changed at all

Yeah i got passed the wall, enjoying it alot more now, the souped up two handed sword i have is making it alot more manageable :D

Bagged the jester boss, and I just bought some heavy armour off a guy in a dark passage, and then found heavy armour soon after :mad:

Advertisement