Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Stat

Options
  • 23-12-2016 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭

moved into a new place and the oil boiler (outside type) Thermostat doesnt have any digits (60c/70c/80c) on it - the secondary coil in the immersion tank in the hot press has no tank stat or zone valve so the domestic hot water is temp of radiators which is scalding water coming out hot tap - I want to to the boiler down to 60c- 65c but how can I do this on this thermostat if there are no temp numbers printed on the dial? - any ideas please? pic below:

15590066_10210894920942889_5354854267753017572_n.jpg?oh=c76d5fffccda9201960fbc5647f2c8d8&oe=58EB10E4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

It that is the existing setting and water is boiling, my guess is stat is Rathkeale Rovered.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

the range on that stat im nearly sure is 50 t0 75 so lowest setting + a little

do you have a balancing valve on your cylinder may need to be tweeked back a bit as well if flow through cylinder is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

jimf wrote: »
    the range on that stat im nearly sure is 50 t0 75 so lowest setting + a little

do you have a balancing valve on your cylinder may need to be tweeked back a bit as well if flow through cylinder is too much

Thanks I tried turning down the stat to its minimum mark today, water is still too hot, definately over 50c I reckon , maybe the stat (cotherm dual stat) is not working properly. I might get in touch with them after christmas - silly stat really, all other boiler stats I have come across have the degrees centigrade digits stamped onto the dial except this one I have come across, and no unfortunately whoever done the plumbing here have just tied in the immersion cylinder coil into the rad system circuit , no zone valve nor cylinder stat .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

That stat is on a bracket, so check that the probes are well inserted in their sockets or where-ever they go, so that the heat is properly transferred to the probes.
    Jim.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

JamesM wrote: »
    That stat is on a bracket, so check that the probes are well inserted in their sockets or where-ever they go, so that the heat is properly transferred to the probes.
    Jim.

Yes. And that there are no kinks in the tiny pipe connecting the probes to the stat.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement

Thanks , I will check that tomorrow .. after the christmas Turkey :) happy Christmas

I found out why they dont stamp the temperature scale on the knobs any more - because people were turning the boiler down to 50 degrees c to save energy and impacting boiler efficiency , especially for condenser type boilers

Advertisement