Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was 2016 for you

Options
  • 22-12-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,849 ✭✭✭✭

So how was 2016 for you ???

I'd give it a 7.5/10

Positives

Saw a few good concerts including Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams and the Stone Roses in Manchester . Lived a dream of mine and saw WWE Raw and SmackDown live in Glasgow (seeing the events and visiting Scotland was cool)

Euro 2016 was good and we finally beat the All Blacks in the rugby. Waterford had a good year in the hurling

Negatives

Turning 27 on the 27th Dec and still single
    Few family members have had bad health
    Not as fit and a bit over weight than I wanted
    Never bothered going back to college to get a degree

Not all bad have had worse years and will have ups and downs for a lot of years to come

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Was shíte craic.
    0/10

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It's not over yet anything could happen

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Had issues with my mental health this year, had a blow out with a friend and family member because if it. Was out of work for a lot of it. But it turned around towards the end of the year, sought counselling and got a job. Now things are better than I thought they'd be, I really can't complain!

Hope 2017 doesn't burst my bubble!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Good and bad as per most years. Ranged from a 5 at the start of the year working up to a 9 in the summer and back down to a 6 now...about a 7 on average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

It was grand, I wanted to go to college to do a part time course and I have done that and I feel it's going pretty good so far....so I can't complain really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Grand so far. 9/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Married the deadliest man I've ever met, sitting here with a big massive preggo head on me, and no family have died this year. Few small health concerns for a few, but they're all grand.

What more do you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pretty damn good. One of the best years of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Married the deadliest man I've ever met, sitting here with a big massive preggo head on me

You met and married Chuck Norris?

Is it true he didn't shag you he just pointed his mickey at your head and made your head pregnant?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't fair well in even numbered years. It's not to say 2016 has been a bad year, compared to the majority. It's just filled with under accomplishment hobby wise, self doubt universal wise and a little bit of a health worry if I'm being honest. But all In all its been a grand year, a few highs a few lows. I'm happy ultimately with how it all went but looking forward to an uneven numbered year, which I should fare better in!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well, feeling a bit sorry for myself at the present moment but in general, it hasn't been a bad year, completed a course, went on a few weekends away, had good times with friends.....still single though at 31 and still haven't found a house I want to buy....so thats kind of ****e -sort of still in a bit of a rut, but sure we carry on regardless lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

It was pretty good to be honest. Nothing too amazing happened, but nothing too bad happened either.
    All in all I would not change much about my 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

9 out of 10.

For the first time since I was 17 (27 now), my medical file finally says "not clinically depressed," so my mental health is very stable.

I finally went back to college, and did well.

I got a new job that I quite like.

Went on a nice holiday with my OH.

Lost 3.5 stone since January.

The only bad is that my mam's been in and out of hospital for the past month. However, she's coming home today and they finally know what's wrong, so things are looking up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Married the deadliest man I've ever met,

I married him too!!!

I would say 2016 was one of the best yet.
    I got married to a total ride, had a great honeymoon and got a new job. I got pregnant which was great then had a miscarriage which was sh!ite but overall it was still a brilliant year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Started badly and got worse. 0.5 out of 10.
    Little hope of a better 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Got engaged to the love of my life, Connacht won the Pro 12, went to some class gigs, got 2 promotions in work, and it's not over yet

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mb30

2016 has been absolutely sh*t, roll on 2017 can't wait to leave this over priced dump of a Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

2016 was better than 2015 for me but there weren't any majors highs or lows. I'll give it 6.826/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

4/10 Pretty ****e if I'm honest; lost a family member to cancer, another is battling it and not winning.
    Took an ill-advised job opportunity in May and hate it. My anxiety has never been so bad.
    Might be leaving it early next year though (have done several rounds of interviews with a company for a much better gig and it's looking extremely positive), so it's not all bad and 2017 could be starting on a good note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Pretty ****. Some of my family had serious health issues and I had to deal with ill health myself in the second half of the year. I'm also pretty sure I broke my big toe yesterday, so I'll have to go get that seen to.

I'm an optimist though, so 2017 is going to kick ass. Endless wealth, success and sex is coming my way. I can feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

It was meh

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

9/10 for me was a great year but in fairness 2015 was one of the worst years for me it wouldn't of been hard to beat :)

Pretty good all around for me with the exception of very suddenly and spectacularly breaking down in the middle of it and realising I can not continue to burn the candle at both ends and several places in the middle any more.

So have to prioritise my outlets hobbies and activities going into 2017 and find a way of striking off _at least_ one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Daughter number 2 born
    Launched my new company
    Bought our first house
    Finished my MBA
    Cleared multiple loans
    Nobody dead

All in all, a good year to date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I would give it. 9/10.

Started the year overworked and suffering from burnout which working on one's own was not good.
    So I took the big decision to change what I did all my life, and let others lease in my assets and where I get paid tax free and make more money without needing another job.
    This allowed me to travel which I had been unable to do for many years, went to the US and Switzerland, loved both of them, went to several concerts - Taylor Swift, Usher and the roots at the F1 race in Austin - both were so good, Beyoncé in Dublin and while in Switzerland I have to say the free 77 Bombay Street concert in the central square in St Moritz was rather excellent.
    No one was sick or died that I cared about.
    I feel my life began at 40 this year.
    I learned this year that having the courage to make a monumental change to one's life can be scary to do, but if it feels right you have to do it, and do it with a clear mind so you have no regrets.
    I gave this a year a 9/10, as this year has been the first time in my adult life I felt the same sense of freedom and lack of major responsibility as I did when I was a child, and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

This thread was a great idea OP, loving reading it. For the people that had sh1t times this year, this is just one year in your life and it will get better (I know that's so hard to believe). And to the people that had a decent one, here's to many more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Grew the business, can afford to employ my wife full time, so kids hours in crèche are much shorter.

Stopped baby bottles, soothers, nappies and baby gates.

After 20 years, talked to a mate about bullying in school. Completely changed the way i think about it now. Next step, talk to my wife about it..

Overall 9.5/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Dreadful. Possibly the worst year of my life.

Advertisement