Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Give Leaving Cert Grinds? Pimp your warez here! [READ FIRST POST: updated 17.09.2010]

• 30-09-2003 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,256 ✭✭✭✭ seamus

June '10: I have updated the rules and requirements on this thread.

Right guys, a thread for anyone who gives grinds and wants some exposure. If you know of someone who does, you can tell them about this and get them here too.

The rules:
    One post per person. If you've already posted and know of someone else who wants to be here, tell them to register and post.
    If you want your post edited/removed after the two day edit limit, PM one of the moderators with the details, and we'll sort you out. If you make a new post with revised details, please let me know.
    This thread is only for contact details, so as such, the information you must provide is;

Subject(s):
    Contact Name:
    Email:

Any other info you wish to provide (Phone no., more precise area) is purely up to yourself.

Any institutions will be smacked quite hard if they post. I'm going to be a little more lax than in the past. If you post your rates, you must make an effort to keep them up-to-date. If someone PMs me saying that your rate is actually €50/hour, when your post says €20, your post is gone.

A guideline price is always helpful. Please state whether you have been Garda vetted or not, if you are offering private classes to individuals.

This thread will be periodically cleaned up and any posts over a year old will be removed. The thread is quite long now, so we need to enforce some form of turnover instead of people having to trawl through everything. If your post gets removed in a cleanup, please repost it. This also ensures that people's position in the list isn't static, for a bit of fairness.

PM me if you have any queries/suggestions. Don't post here.

:)

If you would like to delete your post if you've stopped giving grinds, please go to your post, click the "report post" button (bottom left) and state that you wrote the post and you would like it removed. It's a lot easier for the mods to find your post if you report it than if you send a PM.- Piste

(17 Sept 2010)

Please do not use coloured fonts / oversize writing. It's not a competition to see who can create the
    most garish ad!!

Mods are tired of cleaning these up, and if you insist on doing this we may just delete your ad altogether, you have been warned!!

Bold, italic and underline to add emphasis are acceptable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ✭✭✭ Teaistheonlyjob

Leaving Cert OL Maths grinds &
    Leaving Cert HL Biology grinds available
    Galway area
    -top class notes provided
    -assessments given & feedback provided.
    -experienced SEC LC exam corrector
    -have had exam advice & guidance published in national newspapers
    -highly experienced teacher
    Contact 087 6464634

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bluesas9

Hi, I'm a 2nd Year Medicine student at UCD willing to offer Junior Cert and Leaving Cert Grinds in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.

(As well as any help with GCSEs, A-Levels and anyone considering applying to the UK through UCAS - personal statement help as well as Medicine applications)

My phone number is 087-395-1903.

Please contact for further enquiries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grindsingalway

Salut! I'm a qualified and experienced teacher available to give FRENCH GRINDS to LC students. Based in Galway city and can travel to your home.

- 7+ years' experience as a language tutor in France and Ireland
    - H1 in Leaving Cert French / 1st Class Honours BA and MA in French
    - Free online support and feedback between lessons
    - Excellent rates including discounts for groups and siblings
    - Fully Garda vetted and can travel to your home

Get in touch to find out more! 087 4564495

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nolanpatrick

I am a UCD student studying Engineering, I recently completed the leaving cert and am currently giving grinds in:
    Maths
    Physics
    Applied maths
    Biology
    I received a H1 in all of these subjects.
    I am flexible in regards to prices and I will give the grinds in any location that suits you.
    I am located in the Dun Laoghaire area

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nolandermot

I am a first year college student currently studying mathematics in Trinity. I'm looking to give maths/applied maths grinds to a junior/leaving cert student at any level. I got a H1 in both of these subjects and I have an in depth knowledge of the course, as well as recent, first hand experience of learning them from scratch. I believe that every student is different, and so I adapt my teaching style for every student based on their style of learning. I write personalized notes for all of my students to fit their specific needs. I offer an alternative to the "one size fits all" method employed by most grinds companies. My rate is €25/hour and the grinds will take place in the students house. I operate in most areas of south Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Grinds_Dublin

Looking for Maths Grinds?

I am available to help anyone preparing for Leaving Cert/Junior Cert.

I have experience providing grinds at all levels. I am based in Dublin and I can drive, so travelling to your home is no problem.

Graduated with a first class honours Maths degree from UCD, received A grade in Maths at Leaving Cert level.

Don't hesitate to call/text me on 087 903 9099 if you have any further questions or would like to arrange a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ Aquals

Subject(s): Leaving Cert Chemistry and Biology
    Rate: €35 per hour
    €20 per person for a group of 2
    €15 per person for groups of 3 or more

PhD-qualified secondary school teacher with eleven years of teaching experience.

Happy to take students on a regular basis or for just a few sessions to tackle a particular topic.

PM for further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭ Iancar29

Subject(s): Maths
    Grinds in Students Home? Yes
    Price €30
    Contact Name: Ian
    Text 085-7305706 .

BSc in Mathematical Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ pleindespoir

Hi, You can call me Leah. I am in my penultimate year of Structural Engineering in TU Dublin, Bolton St.

I am extremely passionate about teaching and maths. I offer a free twenty minute assessment which will also include a decision if you would like to continue the grinds.

Subject(s): Maths (JC,LC)
    Grinds in Students Home? No
    Contact Name: Leah
    Contact number: 0862566288
    Rate: JC - 15 eu / hr (OL/HL), LC - 20 eu / hr (OL/HL) (minimum 2 hours each session)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Spanish grinds

Spanish grinds available in Dublin. Flexible times available covering junior and leaving certificate. Experienced teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Jen.H

Hi there! I'm a DCU language graduate and I've been teaching private and group grinds for 4 years. I offer comprehensive and tailored grinds for the Japanese and French leaving certificate exams, including oral components, in Dublin. Please contact me about hourly rates. I also offer 2 hours for the price of 1 and a half! I also offer online revision sessions for a lower rate.

Subject(s): Japanese , French
    Grinds in Students Home? Yes
    Contact Name: Jennifer Harrington
    Email: jennifer.harrington7(at)mail.dcu.ie

Thanks! Merci! ありがとうございます。

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ✭✭✭ Lisa2017

Hi there, are you a leaving cert student? feeling overwhelmed? Not good enough? Doubting your ability? Lacking interest or motivation? No clue what you want to do after the leaving cert, what course to apply for or where? Or you know what you want to do and where but you doubt your ability to get the points needed? Does any of this sound familiar? Hi Im Lisa a life coach I can help you with this. As your coach i can guide you/the student/learner to navigate these challenges and achieve your potential.  This can be a great comfort not only to the you, but also for your parent(s)/ loved ones, knowing that you are getting the focused support you need.  This may be around study, subject choice, college application or choosing the right course or career path.  The areas of confidence and self-esteem are also important ingredients in this type of coaching. 

Subject(s): Academic coaching (help with motivation, confidence, self esteem, self belief, ability to learn, planning, organising, managing stress and overwhelm)
    My skills: Experienced teacher (background of 19 years in teaching) and Life Coach
    Contact Name: Lisa Murphy
    Email: [email protected]

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ zero_

Leaving and Junior cert history and geography grinds

I'm a teacher of 13 years experience in both subjects. I've corrected state exams at higher level in history and Junior Cert geography.

I'm able to assist with the research project in history and the field study.

Study skills will also be merged with the grinds.

Grinds in students home? Yes

[email protected]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nolandermot

I am a first year college student currently studying mathematics in Trinity. I'm looking to give maths/applied maths grinds to a junior/leaving cert student at any level. I got a H1 in both of these subjects and I have an in depth knowledge of the course, as well as recent, first hand experience of learning them from scratch. I believe that every student is different, and so I adapt my teaching style for every student based on their style of learning. I write personalized notes for all of my students to fit their specific needs. I offer an alternative to the "one size fits all" method employed by most grinds companies. My rate is €25/hour and the grinds will take place in the students house. I operate in most areas of south Dublin.
    Contact [email protected] tcd.ie for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 olubiyid

Hey, I'm David, a second year medical student at Trinity College. I'll be giving grinds in maths and biology/science for leaving cert and junior students at all levels

(happy to give tips and tricks to students who are also studying for the hpat)

Subject(s): Maths and biology
    Contact Name: David
    email: olubiyis @tcd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭ Luckycharm

Hi,
    I hope I am in the right place. My daughter is doing LC Chemistry in 6th Year and I am looking for some Chemistry grinds preferably one on one. We are based around Knocklyon/Ballycullen area. Does anyone have any recommendations thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ✭✭✭ ryansmith171

English grinds available -0871785222

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gleb5

Subject: Maths
    Rate: 35
    In Student’s Home: No
    Phone: 0858381942

4 Years of grinds-giving experience.
    625 points in my own Leaving Cert.
    Financial Maths degree.

I'll make sure that you have a good mathematical base to take on the Leaving Cert. I teach in an easy-to-understand manner and adjust my approach to suit my students. First grind half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smoran3

Stressed about study over the coming weeks? I am currently offering an online solution, utilising video calls and online interactive whiteboards. I have several years of experience giving grinds both in person and online, for junior and leaving cert. Currently studying 2nd Year Engineering at Trinity College. Having received a H1 in Maths and Applied Maths, as well as 97% in Chemistry, I believe I have the ability to tutor you to your full potential.
    As this is online, I can provide grinds to you regardless of your location. If you are interested, we can organise a free 20 minute session to give you a feel for the platform. If you have any questions, just shoot me an email!

Subject(s): Maths, Applied Maths, Chemistry, Physics, DCG
    Contact Name: Sean Moran
    Email: tutorsonline42 @ gmail . com

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sean.00

Online grinds available for Leaving Cert higher level Maths and Economics.

Studying both subjects at university level.
    601 Leaving Cert points and H1 (over 90%) in both subjects.

Contact seangrindsnaas @ gmail for more info or comment below and I'll message you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭ Dan2448

Needless to say, this whole pandemic situation has been a bit of a spanner in the works for everyone, and in particular for all the poor souls going through the Leaving Cert!

I’ve been doing group grinds for years now and made the decision to last Wednesday to take the party online to help “Flatten the curve”. I have to say I was extremely skeptical at first as to how well it would all pan out, but the feedback has been great!

I have had an influx of students into my group sessions saying their tutor has not been able to make similar arrangements. So I want to extend the offer to aeveryone here on Boards!. Now naturally everyone’s experience will vary depending on hardware and internet speeds, so I’d like to give anyone interested a free trial.

If you’re interested shoot me a pm with your email account and I’ll get you on the list!

Or pass on the message to someone you know!

My email is [email protected]

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ecmcquaid

Economics Students Ireland - Online Tutoring: Skype/Zoom/Facetime - Individuals/Groups - IMF Economist on COVID-19 Home-leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mathsgrinds mark

Hi i'm Mark

I offer Leaving Cert Maths grinds at higher and ordinary level.
    The lessons are online via interactive whiteboard/skype which my students find very helpful.

I have a Masters in Neuroscience from Trinity and i'm currently studying Theoretical Physics in Trinity.

7As in the Leaving Cert in higher level subjects, including As in higher level Maths, Applied Maths and Physics so i know the Curriculum inside out.

My focus is on ensuring the student has a thorough understanding of the mathematical concepts and then applying what we have learned to past exam papers.

You can contact me via PM or on 085 2403442

My rate is 20 euro/hr.
    The first lesson is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 d1234

Hi everyone,

David here. Here are the details as to what I'm offering:

Subject: Business Studies

Contact Name: David

Contact
    *087* 28 00 885

I received an A1 in Leaving Certificate Business Studies in 2015. I reviewed my script and got 98%; having got 97% in both mock exams I did at school.

Experienced at tutoring and extremely exam-focused.

Exam-focused notes with lots of helpful memory tips.

I completed joint degree in Business Studies at Trinity and got a first-class honours.

Reasonable rates.

Send me a text and I can have a chat with you and see what would work best for you.

Good luck with your studies!
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ Joaquin223

Hi,

Ed here. I'm a PhD student in applied mathematics and I can offer grinds in leaving cert higher level mathematics (or applied maths). I offer reasonable rates for online classes at the moment - just send me a PM and we can arrange details!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gleb5

Subject: Maths
    Price: 25
    Contact Name: Gleb

4 Years of grinds-giving experience.
    625 points in my own Leaving Cert.
    Financial Maths degree.

I'll make sure that you have a good mathematical base to take on the Leaving Cert. I teach in an easy-to-understand manner and adjust my approach to suit my students. Grinds happen online. To demonstrate its effectiveness, I offer first grind for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 michellemaher

Science grinds available for JC level
    Biology / Ag science grinds for LC level

Female Student Teacher in final year studying science education at university of limerick
    Grinds experience

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ Gelena

Long story short: my son just started 5th year and I’m looking for somebody who can help him with German (especially oral) by Skype or Zoom. If somebody could suggest some online one-to-one tuition I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cyniacalunatic

Hi!

I am a 2nd Year at RCSI studying Medicine, I achieved 601 points in my run of the Leaving Cert with 2 of my H2s being 89.5%, along with having received a H1 in all three of the sciences. I'm here to offer grinds to students that are sitting the Leaving Cert in 2021 and 2022 in Chemistry, Biology and Physics and I plan on imparting useful knowledge and wisdom to students that are hoping to work hard and achieve in their sitting of the Leaving, being a former student having gone through the process myself.

These grinds can be given online or I can travel up to 10km from my accommodation, but for health and safety reasons, it would be best to keep things online.

I have previous experience giving grinds for Junior Cert Irish and Junior Cert Science as well as helping some of my peers during the Leaving Cert itself.

I will be charging €20 per class

My approach will be as follows:

- Grinds will be given on a topic by topic basis, if you have a preference for which topics to do first, by all means, I will take that into consideration, otherwise, I will set out a plan that is tailored around what your teacher is/has doing in school

- We will be focused on the exam paper from the beginning, key and common questions will be given high importance and will be highlighted in my notes, from my experience of sitting the Leaving Cert, I believe that practicing exam papers early on is the best method of preparation

- We will be focused on understanding of the concept rather rote learning, once the student has a firm grasp of what's going on, they will be able to adapt and overcome curveball questions that are becoming increasingly common in papers.

- I will assign homework, but of course, this will be kept to a minimum as I am aware students will have plenty of work to do after school

- You will have full access to my notes and resources that I have collected over the years

- I am able to provide dedicated interactive online sessions with my equipment, using Discord or Zoom

References available
    If interested please feel free to give me a ring!

Thank You

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Lukereilly12

Maths Grind Teacher based in Castletroy available for online based grinds as well as face to face. Current Aeronautical Engineering student with a H1 in Higher Level Mathematics as well as an A1 in College Level advanced Calculus Also available is applied mathematics grinds. Prices for one grind is 20€ or two grinds per week for a total of 30€. Contact at 0894384732

Advertisement