Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual boot Chinese tablets

Options
  • 22-12-2016 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

In was looking at a dual boot tablet from China. I was thinking the cube iWork12. I need it for light word processing/excellent work, internet browsing but also need android for some work related apps.

Has anyone got any opinions or experience with the Chinese dual boot tablets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I own the iWork10. The 12 would of been too bulky and heavy to use casually (it's like holding a bag of sugar). I mostly boot into Windows and read PDFs and watch YouTube. Android works well too but it just feels like a big phone so I stick with Windows.

The screen is perfectly clear and the touch screen works with my lazy fingers. I often just claw at the screen to get it to do things like scrolling and it seems to know what to do every time. I bought a case for mine so it is easier to hold and balance especially when on an airplane. I just it it up and stick in a dual mic plug so we can watch movies.

The battery lasts for hours. I never used it long enough to need a charge but I reckon I could watch 4 movies on it. It connects to my bluetooth speaker easily but I prefer to use headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

I own the iWork10. The 12 would of been too bulky and heavy to use casually (it's like holding a bag of sugar). I mostly boot into Windows and read PDFs and watch YouTube. Android works well too but it just feels like a big phone so I stick with Windows.

The screen is perfectly clear and the touch screen works with my lazy fingers. I often just claw at the screen to get it to do things like scrolling and it seems to know what to do every time. I bought a case for mine so it is easier to hold and balance especially when on an airplane. I just it it up and stick in a dual mic plug so we can watch movies.

The battery lasts for hours. I never used it long enough to need a charge but I reckon I could watch 4 movies on it. It connects to my bluetooth speaker easily but I prefer to use headphones.

Awesome thanks,

I heard bad reviews about the speakers, are they that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭catfax

There are a bunch of android emulators you can use under windows, you could try those first with the android apps you normally use and see if they work.

http://windowsreport.com/best-android-emulators-windows-10/

Intel stopped supporting android so support is stuck at android v5 for those dual boot tablets plus not all android apps are native x86 capable so cannot be installed.

Advertisement