Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R Awards 2016 - Most Improved Athlete

Options
  • 21-12-2016 11:58pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Voting closes January 4th :)

Most Improved Athlete 66 votes

Singer
    0% 0 votes
    Bungy Girl - came home with National medals on the track. Has brought her mile time down
    6% 4 votes
    Duanington - 7 pb’s (5K, 10K, 10M, 3xHM, Marathon) and 1 podium
    21% 14 votes
    Ososlo - moved up to Ultras and ran in 24hr and 12 hr races
    34% 23 votes
    Anne Young - dedicated, has run some great pbs
    37% 25 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

All worthy contenders, but I nominated Bungy Girl because she made a decision earlier in the year to train for middle distance and work on her 5K time, she worked hard as she always does and had fantastic success with the project bringing home National medals, remember #bgnailedthenats!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

For me, it's Ososlo. After several years of difficulty finding her niche she finally nailed it at Belfast 24-hour, finishing in the top half of a very experienced field, side by side with at least one athlete that I know personally is hard as fcuking nails.

The performance was brilliantly timed, and then followed up with a great second ultra in Kerry where a few notable scalps were taken. Really zipped up the woman suit.

Serious mojo!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭UM1

bungy girl for me...national medals won = beat the best of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Very impressive range of pbs from Duanington from 5k to marathon - hard to beat that for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've been told Duanington's name isn't appearing in the poll on the touch site which appears to be a boards bug.
    For anyone on touch who wants to vote for duanington - the entry is the empty one that has a vote option but no text beside it. Alternatively you can just switch to the full site or go online on your laptop :p
    See this electronic voting aint up to scratch...wonder if this is what happened in the US elections :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Ososlo for me also. From running a 39 min 5k in 2011 to running 100 miles this year shows what hard work can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Judging it on the improvement from 2015 to 2016 (which I'd assume is what we are voting on ??) I'd be voting for Duanington or Bungy Girl. Can votes be changed btw RQ where someone on the touch site has missed voting for Duanington as the option didn't appear to be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

kit3 wrote: »
    Very impressive range of pbs from Duanington from 5k to marathon - hard to beat that for me

Hadn't copped that Younganne had pbs across the board from 5k to marathon also - great going Anne. A great improvement all in the last year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

kit3 wrote: »
    Hadn't copped that Younganne had pbs across the board from 5k to marathon also - great going Anne. A great improvement all in the last year

Anne was my nomination and got my vote too. PB's in 5k, 10k, 10 mile, half marathon and marathon (twice) and she only went on to get another 5K pb today! :D

Advertisement