Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saggart - dublin city, drive & cycle

Options
  • 21-12-2016 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hi Boardsies,

Just wondering about your opinion on my predicament.

I currently commute to dublin city from Drimnagh by bike and it takes me all of about 20 mins to get in (which i am very happy with). I will be moving to Saggart soon which completely changes things. The bus service (69) is atrocious (about an 1hr 15 regular, 69x 45 mins), to add to it i would work long hours so getting the 69x to and from might not be possible.

I was thinking I could drive to the Crumlin shopping centre from Saggart (20-25 mins) and cycle into work from there (15 mins).

If i compare this 40 min commute to the bus service or even Luas I would be saving myself alot of hassle and time.

What do you reckon? firstly do people park in the Crumlin shopping centre to commute to work regularly, would you suggest somewhere else (free of charge) coming from the N7. Appreciate all responses!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,629 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

crumlin shopping centre may not appreciate being used for such purposes.

you're not interested in doing the commute completely on a bike? 16km from the centre of saggart to o'connell bridge, which is easily doable in under an hour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,629 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

though it has to be noted that the 16km route uses the N7, which may not be a pleasant ride.
    it adds about 700m to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

weedhead wrote: »
    Hi Boardsies,

Just wondering about your opinion on my predicament.

I currently commute to dublin city from Drimnagh by bike and it takes me all of about 20 mins to get in (which i am very happy with). I will be moving to Saggart soon which completely changes things. The bus service (69) is atrocious (about an 1hr 15 regular, 69x 45 mins), to add to it i would work long hours so getting the 69x to and from might not be possible.

I was thinking I could drive to the Crumlin shopping centre from Saggart (20-25 mins) and cycle into work from there (15 mins).

If i compare this 40 min commute to the bus service or even Luas I would be saving myself alot of hassle and time.

What do you reckon? firstly do people park in the Crumlin shopping centre to commute to work regularly, would you suggest somewhere else (free of charge) coming from the N7. Appreciate all responses!

You are okay to do this :D

https://www.facebook.com/Crumlinshopingcentre/posts/10155635115154148?comment_id=10155635133489148&ref=notif&notif_t=share_comment&notif_id=1482409280770479

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Don't know about parking in the CSC but I know people who parked on the streets around Crumlin and got a bus into town. They never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Haha I thought the official Crumlin shopping centre fb page would be brought out alright! Well at least now I have the all clear to park there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I'd say it'd be faster parking up nearer the hospital, Bike lanes on both sides down to the Shopping centre are much faster than driving.

I'd say it'd be faster parking up nearer the hospital, Bike lanes on both sides down to the Shopping centre are much faster than driving.

Yeh that might be a better option as it's a single Lane for traffic up to the crumlin shopping centre. I could possibly go with the aldi car park just before the hospital and cycle from there. Assuming it's OK to park there. Might look into that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

weedhead wrote: »
    Yeh that might be a better option as it's a single Lane for traffic up to the crumlin shopping centre. I could possibly go with the aldi car park just before the hospital and cycle from there. Assuming it's OK to park there. Might look into that

They have been known to clamp long stayers there so be careful.

They have been known to clamp long stayers there so be careful.

Yeah, I saw a number of clamping notices around the place in aldi. would anyone have a safe alternative on where I could park around the crumlin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭SteM

What part of the city centre are you going to? If it's the south quays then you might consider coming through templeogue, parking near Bushy Park and cycling from there? Lots of people park up there in the morning and bus it in from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement