Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick-up/Drop-off point near M9/N24/N25

Options
  • 21-12-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this should be moved to Kilkenny, but figured more people would see it here.

Getting a lift from Rosslare as far as Waterford with someone who's going on to Cork on Friday. We're then getting picked up by my wife's father who's coming from Limerick. Does anyone know a handy spot near those junctions we could change over, preferably a pub or restaurant as there might be a bit of a lag time in between?

We were going to do it at the Thatch Cafe but I think it'll be closed in the evening (Google and its website disagree on this and their phone number doesn't work). In general, Google Maps seems really unreliable for the area and Street View is really out of date, but I'm sure you guys know that already!

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dzilla

Train station or Redbridge service station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Where are you heading after your Father in Law picks you up?

The Rhu Glenn, The Thatch or a pub in Ferrybank wouldn't be too far out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Most likely place would be the Thatch Pub out in Granagh. Your driver from Limerick will be coming down that way and it's just one junction up from Waterford on the Bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

So can someone just confirm that the Thatch pub is a pub that's open after 6? i haven't been in Waterford in 8 years and Google's info is really out of date so I'm flying blind here

the thatch pub is now a cafe which is closed after 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The Thatch is the perfect location as it's at the end of the N24 and just off the N25 at Grannagh. If it's closed at your pickup time though, there's not a lot else nearby. Without knowing your end destination, I would say the Rhu Glenn is the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Rhu Glenn seems the best solution so will go with that. End destination is Limerick but there's not much that side. Thanks for your help everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Rhu Glenn is your best bet, especially if you're waiting between lifts. Not too far from Grannagh on the bypass and gives your collector a pitstop.

smaoifs wrote: »
    Rhu Glenn is your best bet, especially if you're waiting between lifts.  Not too far from Grannagh on the bypass and gives your collector a pitstop.
    Portlaw would work if your friend from cork dosent mind veering off for 10 minutes off the n25.

Advertisement