Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Gold Redeem Issue

Options
  • 21-12-2016 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi Guys.

I bought a 12m subscription on CDKeys recently and went to redeem it last night. The code was accepted however is hasn't worked.

When I look at the account it says my subscription expired on 26/11/16 (mighn't be the exact date but it's around then that my free month expired), however when I go into the manage section it tells me that my subscription will expire on 20/12/2017. Now, I could have those tabs named incorrectly as I can't quite remember what they were cause I was pretty vexed by the whole thing last night and can't remember exactly but hopefully it makes sense to one of you fine people.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

You should be fine, it's probably just taking time to update on their/your system with all the constant changing, sales, etc.

Give the console a hard reboot (hold power on console for ten seconds) when you get home and I will be surprised if it isn't fine then when you get back online.

At least it's showing up in your main account.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Galway_2016

Cheers amadablam. I hope that's all it is.

I had visions of wasting hours trying to sort it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cheers amadablam. I hope that's all it is.

I had visions of wasting hours trying to sort it out!

Sometimes when you apply the gold you have to sign in and out for it to take effect, a weird hangover of the 360 days but the fact it said you were good til 2017 you should be alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Galway_2016

Worked last night guys.

I was still getting the same expiry dates when I logged on last night, one saying it had expired while the other page said I had 12 months to go. Tried the hard reboot but didn't solve this issue but when I went to play a game online it worked fine. Just in time for me to lounge around and play copious amounts while on holidays!

Advertisement